Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im up at school on a friday and need to figure this out soon so i can go home. truck throws a cylinder #3 contribution code, misses and smokes white. holds no fuel pressure after the pump shuts off. im thinking maybe injector o-ring?? any ideas??

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to add, it does this when the truck was warm not cold. also im NOT losing any coolant so no hg issues.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Could be cracked injector tip I think, either way, with those symtoms, I wouldnt run it like that. You gotta pull it.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I barely ran it after it started doing it but it would do it at idle for about 10 seconds every now and then and now it does it all the time. Goin to get it today with a trailer and another 6.0 lol but with those symptoms prolly bad Injector or what?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How can I test my Injectors?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Some test can be run with AE, other than that, the dealer. If you've got white smoke and #3 contribution, you'll have to pull it to investigate regardless. Overfueling can cause cylinder damage.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I unplugged the #3 injector and it still ran the same. So I have to pull that injector?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would run like crap for like 10 seconds at a time and then go away before. Now it always runs like crap. Any ideas? I pulled the injector and am gonna try a new one and see

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
replaced injector still doing it. could it be something in wireing harness? what voltage should i get at the injector plug? i had 48v at one pin and 2 of the pins i had around 30v and the last one it wouldnt read. i really need to get this fixed asap somone is coming to look at the truck tomorow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts