Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those w/ a turbo back Magnaflow, did any of you have to cut/shorten part of the piping? Seems like the pipe after the downpipe ext. is too long. I have a ext.cab short box and according to the directions my system is not lining up like it should.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I have a magnaflow dual setup. I have the cat back version and used somebody elses 4" downpipe. I had to shorten the first section of the downpipe a couple of inches and I had to take about an inch and a half out of the passenger side pipe that goes over the rear to get both tail pipes even. Do what you need to do but make sure before you cut.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
There is an "extension pipe" included... it's the peice that goes right before the overaxle portion. If you have an ext cab short bed, chances are you don't even need it...

You can always cut the pipe to length, make sure you cut the non flared end...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Mine was for universal for anything up to CC Long bed, so I had to trim a few inches to get it to fit.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, looks like ill be cutting too

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Those w/ a turbo back Magnaflow, did any of you have to cut/shorten part of the piping? Seems like the pipe after the downpipe ext. is too long. I have a ext.cab short box and according to the directions my system is not lining up like it should.
Hello

As I am looking at our application guide we havent offered an exhaust for an EC truck. Our kits fit a CC/SB-LB and EC/LB Only.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
That "splains" it then.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I installed a magnaflow on my truck which is a EC SB from the turbo back. It came with two extra pipes that I did not need. All I had to do was relocate one of my hangers. There were two bolts that I had to take out and there was another spot in the frame for that bracket to go. After I did that, I had no issues getting it to fit. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I installed a magnaflow on my truck which is a EC SB from the turbo back. It came with two extra pipes that I did not need. All I had to do was relocate one of my hangers. There were two bolts that I had to take out and there was another spot in the frame for that bracket to go. After I did that, I had no issues getting it to fit. :thumb:
Nice we appreciate your business :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts