Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so about two weeks ago i heard a pop almost like a back fire i thought it was the up pipe gasket blowing so i ordered a t4 mount kit for my truck with a new turbo and everything started my truck after this and still same issue it sounds like half the engine is running and misfiring but there is no CEL on the dash or anything when i accelerate it looks like it is puffing smoke like smoke rings almost.

now i change the CPS, IPR, and ICP so it is not those i need my truck please help what could it be....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also now when i get on the gas pedal the boost goes up to about 30 psi and blows off the intake y boots no matter what

·
Registered
723 Posts
If it sounds like half the engine is running check you uvch connections

Sent from a Apple

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but wouldnt that throw a code? and also how can i check that easily without pulling the valve cover? thanks

·
Registered
723 Posts
Google it real quick it's a very common problem

Sent from a Apple

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just ohm all the pins on the idm connector and they seem normal ish the injectors were all around 3.9 to 4.4 for both sides and there was no shor to ground on either side so does this mean the uvch connections are good because i am not getting an open so i am testing each injector and they are good

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts