Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aright well as some of you know that i am having clutch problems. well i havent drove it in like a week or two so today i decided to drive it. well i dont have the clutch so i started it in gear and went down the road and took it out of gear, and shut it off and went to put it in revurse and start it. so i put it in gear and turned the key and nothing:dunno: so i took it out of gear and still nothing:dunno: so i had a friend tow me back. what is wrong. when you turn the key there is nothing. cb is directly wired into the battery and it worked but was weak. no radio, no lights beeping when you open the door.

please help

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Did you check the battery connections. What about the connections at the starter. Check the batteries for voltage as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Isn't there a safty switch onthe clutch pedal that would stop you from turning it over?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Isn't there a safty switch onthe clutch pedal that would stop you from turning it over?
That is true but he has no power at all. So the first place to check is the batteries, the connections at the batteries, the starter wires, then the ignition switch inside the truck. Also the fuses inside the truck and under the hood.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
checked all fuses under dash and all looked good.
just turned key and absolutly nothing. before when you would turn the key it would weakly beap and the check engine lite would come on. now nothing. do i have major problems?

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
DO YOU STILL HAVE THE BELT ON BECAUSE THAT WOULD STOP YOUR ALTERNATOR FROM CHARGING

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
now wat do i do???

Take batteries out, take them with you to an autoparts store. Have them tested. If they are not fully charged the part store will charge them. If they fail the test then you buy new batteries. If they pass the test then let us know.

I would say try jump starting the truck. But since the batteries seem so weak, I would guess that it would take a long time before it would fire the truck up this way.

If you do have a battery charger try charging them up first in the truck. Then try to start the truck.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, when i started it it was a little weak but i didnt think that that would be the problem, but i will try.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Key on no power, check batteries for voltage using a volt meter. If batteries have 12 volts or more then proceed to next step. Check the connections for corrission and being loose. If connections are loose tighten them. If they are correded clean them with baking soda, wire brush, and water. I suggest rubber gloves and eye protection during this. Then reconnect the batteries.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright well i hooked up the battery charger and (pass. side) and put it on start and turned my key and as soon as i did all the lights came on and the door bell started ringing and wait to start did too. but would not start. just clicked real fast. so i gess i should put it on trickle charge and just wait or should i leave it on start and try and get it running?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
alright well i hooked up the battery charger and (pass. side) and put it on start and turned my key and as soon as i did all the lights came on and the door bell started ringing and wait to start did too. but would not start. just clicked real fast. so i gess i should put it on trickle charge and just wait or should i leave it on start and try and get it running?
I say charge the batteries and then try to start the truck. Most likely you need new batteries. Once the truck is running go to a part store and have them test the batteries and alternator.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright. i defantly appreichate your help and paitents!!! but it seemed like a freak thing and kind of worried me because when i started it earlier it was a little weak but i didnt think it was that weak but when i say everything was dead i mean everything was dead.
but once again i defantly appreichiete your help again!!!!

if you were arround here i would offer to buy you breakfast one day!!!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
alright. i defantly appreichate your help and paitents!!! but it seemed like a freak thing and kind of worried me because when i started it earlier it was a little weak but i didnt think it was that weak but when i say everything was dead i mean everything was dead.
but once again i defantly appreichiete your help again!!!!

if you were arround here i would offer to buy you breakfast one day!!!
No problem man that is what we are here for. Your thanks is enough for me. Keep us posted on the status.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright well when i went baback out there the battery charger was off but in the start pos. and i checked the key and nothing. so i fewled arround with the batt. charger and it turned back on and so did everything in the truck but in like 1 min. it did the same thing and so did nthe truck. io think you are right, i need to just have the batteries tested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts