Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A miss started in my '96 7.3 PSD recently and got worse after heading back home. Thought it could be fuel filter so replaced with no help, old filter was clean. Check engine light is on. Engine hard to start, missing and does not want to rev up. Left exhaust maniflod cold, so thought it could be UVCH. Removed valve cover and found burnt connection, so replaced gasket and both injector harnesses. Restart and still have same symptoms, miss and cold exhaust manifold.

Cam position sensor, glow plugs and relay have all been replaced in last 20,000 miles. Engine has been running good until now, only has 120,000 miles. Truck is F-250, auto trans, 4x4.

What should I check next? Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same type problem with my 2001. Except my Right side harness had wiggled loose an had burnt up the IDM.

However the harness being burnt could affect the soliniods on top of the injectors...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
is there a way to test the idm while still in truck? 3 of my uvchs were burned up so i replaced them but the 2 middle injectors on the right bank dont fire. im thinking about swapping positions with the outside 2 injectors to see if it is the injectors

·
Registered
15 Posts
im thinking it is your glow plugs if the wires were burnt off it might have fried them
take cover of and take test light hook up to posative on battrey take wire of the glow plug and test them if light dont light up your glow plug is done if it lights up good it is fine

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
im thinking it is your glow plugs if the wires were burnt off it might have fried them
take cover of and take test light hook up to posative on battrey take wire of the glow plug and test them if light dont light up your glow plug is done if it lights up good it is fine
once the engine is running it doesnt use the glow plugs anymore though :dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts