Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
mine did almost the same thing. First I lost fuel pump then injector and figured that was it. Got it done went out still did it. Turns out was the egr valve. I hate to do it to but if you take it to ford they can tell you what the egr valve and injectors are doing. The egr valve is like $320 I believe so not like something you want to replace and it not be that. Id bet its the egr though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
no as soon as I put the new egr valve in it cleared up and quit doing the bucking. It was just a long list of other things that went out before I realized and pin pointed the egr valve. I also tried doing the cleaning trick on it and didnt work worth a crap. You can try it but Id bet you go buy a new one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
now I got a new one im trying to figure out. When I take off not completly warmed up it cuts out and runs like crap. Floor it it clears out. Soon as it warms runs like a champ. Thinking of cleaning the turbo but turbo doesnt fluctuate when it cuts out so dont think thats it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
So you put in a new egr valve or not. Cause thats what mine did when it was just the egr valve. When I lost my injector it idled like a gasser with a couple plugs fould and ran like one to taking off. It didnt blow smoke though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.