Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got the housing for the fuel filter off and something is bothering me. A metal line from the FPR just feel right off out of the bottom of it and stayed connected to the housing. Im replacing all o-rings I can find but want to know what that metal line is for or if it should just slide out. Also want to know if someone thinks my fuel pump might be leaking. I couldnt see any leaks but Im not the best at finding leaks anyway. Here are pictures of the line, fuel pump, and fpr. Well I think thats what they all are.:dunno:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I'm sorry I am not much help especially with all the help with the turbo. I just dont know all that much about the OBS's!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry I am not much help especially with all the help with the turbo. I just dont know all that much about the OBS's!
Thanks Ryan! I appreciate it! Also if you need help with getting those parts let me know and maybe I could go pull what you need.:thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is that the drain for the fuel filter?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Thanks Ryan! I appreciate it! Also if you need help with getting those parts let me know and maybe I could go pull what you need.:thumb:
Well I will be down there to pull them but a lil help is always nice!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I will be down there to pull them but a lil help is always nice!
Help is ALWAYS nice! Thats one reason Im on the forum is to help a guy in need if I can!

As well as get help when needed!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump to the top.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I started cleaning all the grim out of the Valley and this was sticking out from under the Fuel pump and so I pulled it (without unbolting the pump) and it came right out. Is this some sort of o-ring or seal for the pump? I have not pulled the pump yet!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Looks like a coiled up seal!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I have no clue where it would come from!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me either!:confused:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Do you have an inspection mirror?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Ya one of those things.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok so I got the housing for the fuel filter off and something is bothering me. A metal line from the FPR just feel right off out of the bottom of it and stayed connected to the housing. Im replacing all o-rings I can find but want to know what that metal line is for or if it should just slide out. Also want to know if someone thinks my fuel pump might be leaking. I couldnt see any leaks but Im not the best at finding leaks anyway. Here are pictures of the line, fuel pump, and fpr. Well I think thats what they all are.:dunno:

Push down on top of the fuel pump to see if their is any play in it. It has been 3 years since i replaced mine. If i recall when you bolt the pump in you push down on it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Push down on top of the fuel pump to see if their is any play in it. It has been 3 years since i replaced mine. If i recall when you bolt the pump in you push down on it.
So push on it while its still bolted in? That shouldnt move if the bolts are tight in theory.:dunno: I might end up pulling it just to look at the underside of the pump.

What to do what to do?:confused:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone else?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts