Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 F250 6.0 with a 5" turbo back exhaust and was looking for the best head studs, turbo, performance injectors and tuner for it. Any ideas would be great!

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Really man. Welcome to the org but spend some time reading. There is a wealth of information on all of that and more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've looked into it a bit and saw the ARP head studs with a PSI of 200,000 but not exactly sure where to start on researching which turbo I would need to cordinate with everything. Like I said im new and im learning and thought it would be easy to just ask straight up. Ive also been looking at the Sinister and ATS turbos but not too sure which one is better. Ive read some forums and saw that a lot of people were talking about the Powermaxx. I also saw that the SCT tuner with Erics custom tunes are great but I would like a bunch of opinions from people. Just trying to find out whats best for my truck.

I would be pulling a horse trailer and also just having some fun.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Sorry you didn't exactly receive the warmest of welcomes. There is a ton info on here and most people are great at helping out. here are some links to help you.

SCT with custom tunes is a must....pick your own tune writer as all trucks respond different.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...46-have-ask-again-powermax-vs-mtw-stage1.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...204386-write-up-bullet-proofing-6-0l-psd.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/259257-write-up-monitoring-6-0l-psd.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry you didn't exactly receive the warmest of welcomes. There is a ton info on here and most people are great at helping out. here are some links to help you.

SCT with custom tunes is a must....pick your own tune writer as all trucks respond different.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...46-have-ask-again-powermax-vs-mtw-stage1.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...204386-write-up-bullet-proofing-6-0l-psd.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/259257-write-up-monitoring-6-0l-psd.html
Thanks I appreciate it! I will take a look, and by the looks of other forums it seems like Mitch is just a grump at most points..helpful but not too friendly :taze: Just looking for help without the attitude :haha:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm no expert but... I think you'd be better off spending a little cash on things other than a turbo and injectors. The stock turbo and injectors are not too shabby especially with a little tune. SCT with custom tunes is a highly recommended tuner and the EDGE Insight CTS for a monitor. For a budget monitor an Android phone with the Torque app and BAFX Products - PIC18F2480 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool is a very good way to go. ARP makes a great product but if you're going to do them I'd suggest new BPD EGR cooler or IPR EGR delete (or other reputable company) and new Ford oil cooler at the same time. Do you have a monitor yet? Blue spring update for fuel regulator? New shocks? '08 trans pan and filter? Fresh fluids and filters all around? I think you'll find more value for your dollar on these things rather than a new turbo and injectors. Of course that's just me, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Welcome!

First and foremost, get a monitor such as an Edge CS or CTS (just a few examples) so you can keep track of your deltas among other parameters. Then, an SCT with Custom tunes as stated above. After that, you have several routes to go. If it were my truck, I would get an Atlas tuned BPD FICM, along with bigger injectors and a bigger MTW turbo. At this point however, you will need to do your gaskets and put head studs on. This is a very loose description, however if you read the stickies and just do some reading around the forum, you should get a pretty good idea of what is needed to make reliable power with the 6.0.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Like the guy above said, get the lame boring crap out of the way, then let the fun begin. Or, if you are a good saver and have a power goal, do the whole shebang at once.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Granted, the boring stuff is not fun but without a solid foundation the fun stuff can be really disappointing and expensive. Of course if you can do it all at once...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. I actually ordered an EGR delete as well as a air coolant filtration kit that should be coming in any day now. Ive noticed my bearings are in rough shape and I had some type of oil leak that went all over the stearing stabilizer so I need to order a new one as well as new tie rods. Im definently all about getting my truck into good shape before I start doing performance stuff but I just wanted to start looking into all the fun stuff as well!
By the way I am a girl so if I dont know a lot dont judge :) Im in this for the learning process and I do most of the work myself on my truck. I hate the girls that just get everyone else to do the work for them and dont do anything. I take pride in my truck and I want to learn as much as I can. After only having it for less then a year I think im doing pretty well but I know its gonna take a while so thats why I decided to join this Org.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Thanks for all the advice guys. I actually ordered an EGR delete as well as a air coolant filtration kit that should be coming in any day now. Ive noticed my bearings are in rough shape and I had some type of oil leak that went all over the stearing stabilizer so I need to order a new one as well as new tie rods. Im definently all about getting my truck into good shape before I start doing performance stuff but I just wanted to start looking into all the fun stuff as well!
By the way I am a girl so if I dont know a lot dont judge :) Im in this for the learning process and I do most of the work myself on my truck. I hate the girls that just get everyone else to do the work for them and dont do anything. I take pride in my truck and I want to learn as much as I can. After only having it for less then a year I think im doing pretty well but I know its gonna take a while so thats why I decided to join this Org.
Oh now you've done it, the guys will go from helpful to super helpful!:hehe:

Seriously though, it sounds like you're on the right track:thumb:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, it's not too much farther to get the heads off when exnaying the egr cooler.

I noticed you said towing and fun together, the ultimate cool factor is this dirty little word, compounds. Assuming you have the money and/or don't mind some fabrication.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it's not too much farther to get the heads off when exnaying the egr cooler.

I noticed you said towing and fun together, the ultimate cool factor is this dirty little word, compounds. Assuming you have the money and/or don't mind some fabrication.
Yeah I pull a horse trailer but not too much. I guess the fun part will come in when my guy friends try to race me. They are begging me to take them to a couple places and show them what ive got..im a big talker so I kinda set myself up for that one :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts