Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
9,927 Posts
So Yea, first THAT ^^^^^

But next, assuming you're not trying to fix a simple code by changing it, realise that you don't actually need to find an exact match, there are "families" (yours being DPC-422). You shouldn't have any trouble finding one that will work on the net But,,, you need to search by PCM not ECU (Ford terminology for a POWERTRAIN computer)...

· Premium Member
9,927 Posts
A 603 is Very common, especially if you have any tuning that does a flash from the OBD port and resets the computer. It's the most Ignored code we have ;)

With this PCM installed, do you get a WTS light when you first roll-on the key? (a good indication that the PCM is up & running)

· Premium Member
9,927 Posts
Hmmm,,,

I have this in my code list, maybe you've already read it.

P1747-EPC Solenoid Short Circuit -> P1747, and it ain't the tranny

I’ve seen a lot of posts about this code and not a lot of clear solutions so I wanted to share my personal experience. I drive a 2003 7.3 F250 with 207k miles. Check engine light came on, P1747 (EPC solenoid short circuit) along with OD light flashing. Symptoms included extremely erratic shifting. First task was going through the transmission looking for a bad solenoid. Nothing. Next checked all the wiring and harnesses. Nothing. Through process of elimination it came down to the PCM. Replaced the PCM and it drives and shifts perfect. This problem happened suddenly with no previous symptoms or concerns. Hopefully you guys get lucky and it’s just a solenoid. Just wanted to share what the solution was for my truck.

· Premium Member
9,927 Posts
Well first, anytime you don't get a WTS light, don't even to try starting (you're just wasting battery power...)

Next, get your money back and look for somebody else to get a PCM from, his track-record is not good enough ;)

I wish I had a good source for you but here are some good people who don't list it as being available, but might be worth a call to for good insight and advice -> Ford PCM ECM ECU Repair Service | Circuit Board Medics

1 - 4 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.