Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all need help finding a ecu reman or used . 2000 f250 7.3 4x4 automatic transmission. Any information on who or how to get one would be greatly appreciated 馃檪

Premium Member
So Yea, first THAT ^^^^^

But next, assuming you're not trying to fix a simple code by changing it, realise that you don't actually need to find an exact match, there are "families" (yours being DPC-422). You shouldn't have any trouble finding one that will work on the net But,,, you need to search by PCM not ECU (Ford terminology for a POWERTRAIN computer)...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry that was wrong pictures its almost impossible to see a picture your uploading with a Android on this site. My code Said my pcm/ecu internally failed or wiring shorting out . I did the obvious of cleaning my connection to my transmission solenoid pack and the connection to the pcm on firewall. . I believe code was p0603. I'll try to find that code . First

Premium Member
A 603 is Very common, especially if you have any tuning that does a flash from the OBD port and resets the computer. It's the most Ignored code we have ;)

With this PCM installed, do you get a WTS light when you first roll-on the key? (a good indication that the PCM is up & running)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do get a wait to start light. . Hard to believe the reman transmission is my issue and giving same issue my old transmission did (probably a good trans lol 馃槅)

Anyone have a link I can trace the wiring from pcm to trans

Premium Member
Hmmm,,,

I have this in my code list, maybe you've already read it.

P1747-EPC Solenoid Short Circuit -> P1747, and it ain't the tranny

I鈥檝e seen a lot of posts about this code and not a lot of clear solutions so I wanted to share my personal experience. I drive a 2003 7.3 F250 with 207k miles. Check engine light came on, P1747 (EPC solenoid short circuit) along with OD light flashing. Symptoms included extremely erratic shifting. First task was going through the transmission looking for a bad solenoid. Nothing. Next checked all the wiring and harnesses. Nothing. Through process of elimination it came down to the PCM. Replaced the PCM and it drives and shifts perfect. This problem happened suddenly with no previous symptoms or concerns. Hopefully you guys get lucky and it鈥檚 just a solenoid. Just wanted to share what the solution was for my truck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes thats what led me to pcm . Been having a transmission issue for 2 years . Thus is a tested reman 5 year unlimited warranty

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ergh back again .. so I ordered a pcm from a guy who refurbishes them on offer up . He sent me a 422 pcm I plugged it in and the wait to start didn't light up so I think the pcm is probably ****. . Go to crank sits there and cranks all day long no start call him up he over nights me a different one . This one the wait to start lights up and gets my hopes up . I wait wait wait and crank no start still. I install my old pcm fires right up and running well. . I guess does anyone have a known good PCM 422 automatic? I feel the pcm is my transmission issues

Premium Member
Well first, anytime you don't get a WTS light, don't even to try starting (you're just wasting battery power...)

Next, get your money back and look for somebody else to get a PCM from, his track-record is not good enough ;)

I wish I had a good source for you but here are some good people who don't list it as being available, but might be worth a call to for good insight and advice -> Ford PCM ECM ECU Repair Service | Circuit Board Medics

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha update I said F it and let my truck run for 3 hours straight to try and let her re learn her running life. ( with old pcm) called Ford the pcm is unavailable. I feel the gut sending me PCM from Florida isn't burning me because he overnighted me a PCM on his own dime . I know have 3 PCMs . But after letting the truck idle for 3 hours I noticed I can get into gear and drive around like normal with good shifts . When I stop and let it sit for a while the od button starts flashing again . Honestly over all much happier I can atleast drive around a bit at more then 35 mph with 3500 rpm. So that's a win I guess. . In order to send my pcm out for repair I would be truck less for how ever long it takes for them to diagnose and repair . That's why I wanted a back up so I can send mine out and have a working / ok one in my truck for now . 馃檭

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

My issue has been resolved thanks to Mark at wrangler fix in Florida. Holy crap that was a nightmare to figure out. Yes my PCM ECU had a intermittent issue internally after pinning out my wires / pcm / tearing off inner fenders/ testing wires for resistance / jumping my PCA solenoid/ the whole nine ..My issue was a pcm that took 2 bolts and 2 minutes to swap out . .I cannot thank him enough was at ford dealership looking at new trucks. This has saved me countless money . And I trust my powerstroke 7.3 again .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts