Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off a little history on my “new” truck I’ve been looking for a one 7.3 power stroke crew cab 4wd longbed with a 5 speed that is not all beat to crap and ragged out for about 15 years now. Well I came across a young guy that had one and did an even swap with a 06 Chevy I had (which I only had about 6500 invested in) any way I’m trying to fix all the little odd and end things with this truck. The previous owner did some work and supposedly changed turbo and did a downpipe upgrade. I was cleaning out the valley because I dropped the fuel filter and splashed diesel all over and found a loose connector that is not plugged in. I cannot find what it is supposed to plug into and don’t know what it is for. I found an image online of where it is supposed to go so I circled the connector. I will try to add picture after it won’t let me post pictures in my first post Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Looks like it might be for the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve (EBPV) solenoid. The solenoid is actually on the backside of the pedestal, but the other connector for it should be just below the base of the turbo inlet. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I’ll take a
Closer look in the morning. Do you know if there would be any cons of this not being plugged in? And is this something that will cause other problems?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Many people unplug it to keep the EBPV from operating. On some trucks it may cause a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) to be set and illuminate the Check Engine Light (CEL). If that happens (mostly later 97 trucks I'm guessing), you would probably need to clear the code and insert a resistor across the contacts in the pictured plug to keep the PCM happy. I I think its a 10 ohm 1 watt resistor. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts