Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 F250 with the 6.0 diesel. I noticed a coolant leak behind the front passenger tire. It only leaks after I have driven the truck. When I looked underneath it looks like the leak is above where the starter and engine block warmer are. It's a slow leak but I've lost a little more than64 oz of coolant from the resevoir on top of the engine, I used a 64 oz cup to fill it with water and it filled it to within a half inch of the minimum fill line. This is my first diesel I've owned(Love it!) and I'm still learning about them, any help would be MUCH appreciated!:please::dunce:
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Check your hoses going to the heater core for loose clamps or leaking hoses.

maybe even the heater core,check that no coolant is leaking out the drain.

You can get a pressure tester on loan from most parts houses such as autozone etc.
You won't need to pump it up more than 20 psi, relief pressure is 16 psi.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Check the EGR cooler hose...Is it orange or blue?

Orange hoses tend to leak...It is located behind and underneath the alternator... (kinda hard to spot right away)

The egr cooler is the rectangular tube going underneath the turbo... the squigly pipe coming off has the blue rubber connection in the picture, this is what i'm asking for)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again guys, i check those things out and was still having the leak. Got the truck into the shop and they said the front timing cover was corroded through and was causing the leaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts