Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I am a reoccurring visitor but first time poster on this forum so please excuse any rookie mistakes I might make!
I have a 2005 F-350 (the one in my avatar) and the transmission is acting up and has me and a few others scratching our heads. To start off the tow/haul light is flashing but there is no check engine light. I hooked a scan gauge 2 to it and it found no codes, I tried a different scanner that I borrowed from my dad (don’t remember the brand) and it also couldn’t find any codes. The truck is giving me a high idle, just shy of 1000 rpms and is shifting very roughly between reverse and drive. It will back up just fine but when in drive it doesn’t even have enough power to push itself back where it came from. It will shift into 4 low and crawl its way back into the shop just fine though. Just for giggles I dropped the trans pan and ohmed out each shift solenoid and all check good. The transmission temperature sensor appears to work as it should (when the light first started flashing the trans was at normal running temp), I replaced both trans filters and filled it back up with fresh fluid. There was nothing major in the bottom of the pan that screamed a burnt transmission and the fluid that came out looked just as fresh as the new fluid that went back in and there was no burnt smell when I was draining the pan either. I know not having a scanner that can read the trans codes is what’s hurting the most but does anyone have any suggestions in what else I might can try before biting the bullet and taking it to a shop?
Thank you in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts