Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I may be looking at selling the truck and need sone help. I don't want to turn this thread into why I'm selling, or what I'm buying next. What I need is some help determing how much I should list it for.

The truck is a 2005 F350 4x4 CCSB
6.0 with Automatic
XLT so it has power everything
Dual power seats
Tow command
78,xxx miles

As far as aftermarket:
Suspension:
ICON 7" lift plus 1" TEI spacers
ICON 4-link
ICON remote reservoir shocks F&R
ICON dual stabilizer setup
ICON extended stainless brake lines
PMF 08 rear leaf spring conversion
PMF Traction Block setup
Hellwig rear sway bar
20x10 Black KMC Monsters
37x13.50x20 Kumho KL71's
Tires and wheels have 4000 miles

Exterior
Amp Research Power Steps
Offroad Unlimited pinchweld covers
Bedrug
Weatherboard pacrat toolbox
Recon smoked cab lights
Smoked tail lights
HID headlights

Interior
Windows limo all the way around
Pioneer Avic-D3 DVD/Nav/IPod
Polk Audio door speakers F&R
SPL2K sub box
Pioneer shallow mount 12
Fosgate Amp
08 Center Console
Viper 791XV Alarm with remote start, LED display, and 2-way paging

Kelly Blue Book for private party value shows about $26,000 before any if the accessories. I would prefer to sell it like it sits, but could put it back to stock if i had to. know location and all of that plays a role in what a truck is worth, but I'm curious to get some opinions from y'all about what I could ask for the truck. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
Billy, 30ish wouldn't seem to far off if you sold it with all the accessories. But times are rough and it would be easier to sell it stock. Also you could keep the stuff for the next truck.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Dealers around here with that kinda lift and not near as nice of a truck or quality lift are get 30-36 so i would set it at 32,5 that way you got room to play

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What would think pricewise if I pulled everything off and sold it stock?

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I would say 27-ish would be good stock 33-ish with the mods. I would sell it with the mods on just to save all the work. Though you could make a bigger profit selling the truck stock and the accessories separately.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would much rather sell it like it sits. Lots less work lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
Unfortunately If you left all of the upgrades on it, it would only get you 2-3K more than KBB. You would be much better off returning it to stock, selling it for 26K and selling the loose upgrades online. If you are looking for the maximum amount of return, that is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot it does also have a Viper alarm system with remote start too.

·
Vendor
1,594 Posts
I would try to sell it with all the accesories for the amount you would want for it first. Then if that doesnt work out, try to gradually part it out until its to a point where sell it for what you want. That is how I have always sold my vehicles. You get decent added exposure when you sell the parts aswell. I will kick anyone I here of your direction if you decide your gonna go through with it. You ready to spill the beans on the new thoughts for a ride? Your wheels turning on doing an Ex?

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny you posted, I was just about to post a for sale ad. I wish I could tell you I'm selling it for some big project. But the truth is, I just don't use the truck enough to justify having it around right now. I don't NEED to sell it, but if it does sell, I wont owe anyone anything except for the bank (for just a little longer). Also have a couple other things on the burner, so we'll see. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep driving it LOL.

·
Registered
154 Posts
TxFireman

Here are the cold hard facts from a 21 year retired Police Sgt.

I ran a large Ford dealership for 9 years until about a year ago sold lots of Super duties and the sad truth is your truck (as good as it looks), is worth little more than the same truck stock. If you find the right person looking for that kind of vehicle, then you can make some extra cash, but you will make more selling the assc off of the truck.

I just purchased a 05 crew lariat with 47k miles for 26,000 on the 23th of this month. Now I have contacts and can buy at auction, but the fact remaines I bought it at a Ford Dealer and it was Ford CPO I have 2 more years of warranty on the drivetrain and engine. They made some profit on the sale, so really how much do you think the same year XLT, no warranty and 30k more miles will bring?

I wish ya luck, but the guys telling ya mid 30's, I got some beach front property just 10 miles south of Key West I'll let go for 200K.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if you decide to start parting it out.... id like to be in line for the 08 rear spring setup.... if you let that go.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
if you decide to start parting it out.... id like to be in line for the 08 rear spring setup.... if you let that go.
I'd like the wheels. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
TxFireman

Here are the cold hard facts from a 21 year retired Police Sgt.

I ran a large Ford dealership for 9 years until about a year ago sold lots of Super duties and the sad truth is your truck (as good as it looks), is worth little more than the same truck stock. If you find the right person looking for that kind of vehicle, then you can make some extra cash, but you will make more selling the assc off of the truck.

I just purchased a 05 crew lariat with 47k miles for 26,000 on the 23th of this month. Now I have contacts and can buy at auction, but the fact remaines I bought it at a Ford Dealer and it was Ford CPO I have 2 more years of warranty on the drivetrain and engine. They made some profit on the sale, so really how much do you think the same year XLT, no warranty and 30k more miles will bring?

I wish ya luck, but the guys telling ya mid 30's, I got some beach front property just 10 miles south of Key West I'll let go for 200K.
Would that be the one that broke down right after you got it? Good thing you bought a certified pre owned LOL

pm me an offer, I'll put people in line, in the order they contact me.

I'd like the wheels. :thumb:
same as above, pm me an offer

·
Registered
154 Posts
Would that be the one that broke down right after you got it? Good thing you bought a certified pre owned LOL

Yeah that's the one, but even with the problems I have had, it is still covered by Ford warranty for two more years or 200k miles which ever comes first. Now ask yourself would you buy a truck with a 4K plus engine and pay more for one that has no warranty. I am not trying to be mean, just help a fellow bother in arms out. If you are realisic about what your truck is worth, then you can make an informed decision as to selling it and which way is best. I hope ya sell it for mid 30's, it is a nice looking truck, as for my truck I would rate it an 8 in appearence inside and out, it's not perfect but close.:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts