Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes, bought a 2000 7.3...had a blown engine. Rebuilt the engine, block bored .40 over, new heads, new UVCHs and quarter fix. Swamps 175/146 single shot injectors with tunes. Started ran truck, drove truck roughly 55 miles, ran like crap, no power and horrible shake. Checked temp on exhaust manifold, 300 at each port on passenger side, 170-200 on drivers side. No codes present and no check engine light. Ohm checked from IDM to injectors, all in spec. Does not smoke at idle. With engine running, unplugged the Drivers side harness truck still runs, idle drops slightly...plug back in and unplug passenger side, engine dies immediately. Cleared codes, restarted ran and no codes present. Any ideas would be great!

· Registered
8,907 Posts
What are you using to pull codes? What's your icp pressure? Ipr %? Do you have a spare idm or somebody that will switch you? Fuel pressure?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are getting a solus pro this weekend to run test, I switched IDMs with another truck before purchasing the injectors thinking that was an issue, my IDM was a reman with a reman date of 9/2012...still had p1316 with other IDM and no change...my IDM worked with the other truck. That's why I bought injectors, runs worse now and no codes from a edge tuner right now. Going to do a fuel pressure, oil pressure and contribution test this weekend. Any other test to run?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.