Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 F350 6.0 PSD

Its started with a bad injector on #5. I rebuilt the injectors with what I thought were Diesel Care 30hp nozzles. After I got it back together it ran great when it was cold after engine temp got 130 deg It started to miss. let it cool down and test drove it, same thing after 130 deg is started missing as the temp went up the worse it ran. Edge programmer gave me almost every cylinder distribution faults. To where it would only idle rough at 350 rpm and no throttle when you floor it still idle at 350 rpm until stall.

Changed oil, fuel filters, and air filter with same results.

Towed to dealer the said 1 and 8 injectors were bad. took it home sent injectors to Diesel Care to have them checked, turns out the sent me 75hp nozzles, sent them all 8 they rebuilt with 30hp nozzles and I reinstalled. But still have the same problem. After 130deg it starts missing and as the temp goes up the worse it runs until 350 rpm and no throttle response the stall.
Sending a #1 and #6 distributuon fault.

High pressure runs 6000 psi on cold start drops to 3000-3500 after it warms up and runs rough, fuel pressure is 50-55 psi, battery voltage is 14.1 volts.

Has Edge programmer, 4" exhaust, Injen air filter, Amsoil bypass filter and a CFM+ (CFM PLUS) Ford SmallMouth Intake Manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I unplugged the ICP, Ran for about 15 min. stalled and will not start. I will plug the sensor back in and try it tommorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok this could be something simple something overlooked like injector orings unseating as the engine warms up, did you see oil on your icp harness when you unplugged it if so the sensor is going bad or is bad also check your ipr to see if it is acting up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was no oil on the harness, but the reason why it would not start back up was low battery voltage. I got it started and now it seems the alternators are not working. 11.1 volts. Does any one know how a dual alternator system works, does each alternator charge one battery, or do they work in series, or do they have they own job running different systems?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts