Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on ditching my stock fuel system in the near future and doing my own diy system. I was thinking of using 5/8 pick up tube, into a w/f separator, into dual sd fuel pumps, then a 2 micron filter. Probably 1/2 line to the engine and a 3/8 return, with 3/8 line feeding the heads. I already have the fuel pumps and a fuel lab fpr. Just wondering if this is a little overkill and what you guys think

·
Registered
288 Posts
Injectors size dictates what u may need .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
180/80

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
if memory services oem lines are 3/8 and 5/16s. 3/8s being feed and 5/16s return so your desired sizes will more than supply but you may run into fitment issues with such large lines and the crowded engine bay.

·
Registered
288 Posts
And u really will just be wasting the second pump running it all the time . I run dual pumps myself but I run the second as a secondary switched to come on only if needed.

Unless u are planning way bigger injectors in the future your really wasting your time on the larger fuel line and dual pumps .
U can do regulated return with one pump and be fine with the lines u have . Unless u are seeming major pressure drop with what u have already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm I already have a second fuel pump on hand and I built a bracket for my fuel filters and 2 pumps. Would it be possible to run the two pumps through the stock lines

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes I run dual pumps on stock obs line that's 3/8 and I have 3/8 all the way to the heads . here is my pump and filter setup I run 444fab pump setup and regulated return.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks pretty good, thanks for the info. I think I'll try something similar

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Ya know, only about 0.2 gpm, is more than these engines can burn -- that's 12 gallons per hour
so how much on the "upgrade" systems is just recirculated back to the tank?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts