Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a roofing company and I have a customer that owns a car audio shop who wants to trade a new Kenwood DNX7120, new 5x7 speakers and a bluetooth setup as partial payment for his roof.
He says the system is $1750. How far out of line is he?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
What type of speakers? Either way, Fords use 6x8 speakers, not 5x7. The Kenwood sells for $900-$1300 online. I'm sure he's getting it for much cheaper. I'd want some subs and an amp for $1750... :wink[3]:

·
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know he is figuring his system high, just wanting to know how much, so I can adjust the estimate on the roof accordingly. :)

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I know he is figuring his system high, just wanting to know how much, so I can adjust the estimate on the roof accordingly. :)
Well the price of everything is increasing... :nod: I'd say the price just increased by $500...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
This is installed if I forgot to mention.
His product was also installed... :nod:

Audio shops charge stupid mark up. My Pioneer speakers retailed for $180 a pair at most places. I paid $90 per pair cause I know a guy who owns an audio shop.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I own a roofing company and I have a customer that owns a car audio shop who wants to trade a new Kenwood DNX7120, new 5x7 speakers and a bluetooth setup as partial payment for his roof.
He says the system is $1750. How far out of line is he?
he's not that far out of line ....tell him to throw in a couple head rest monitors and its a deal :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I agree. Audio equipment does have a decent margin on it. I would say an amp and subs too and it's a deal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts