Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am going to be going with a MBRP exhaust.

What style should i go with. Do i need the pro series or will the xp be ok.

I want looks to be a part of the decision as this is going on a lifted f450 and want it to stand out.

I also want to know if you think i should go with a single or duals.

I think i am leaning toward duals, i like the look but i am open to all suggestions.

Jonathan

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stacks are nice but def not my taste at all, plus i will have a toolbox / refueling combo in the way

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went with the MBRP XP dual's and I think they look pretty good with the 5" tips and when the Spartan tune and delete is release it will give it great sound. I was the same as you trying to figure out if single or dual's was the way to go and finally thought all factory trucks have the single so I'm going to try dual's, but either way you go I think you will be very happy with the product. Good luck Kevin.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I have the MBRP 4" with 5" tip and I love it. With the DPF delete the truck sounds like a damn jet unless you get in the throttle then I has a nice throaty sound to it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
THE 304 IS SWEET RAUL HAS AWSOME PRICING ON MBRP AT STEALTH AUTO

·
Registered
573 Posts
... with the DPF delete the truck sounds like a damn jet unless you get in the throttle then I has a nice throaty sound to it.
Amen - Im with you!

I am using the stock tailpipe and tip with the entire doc/dpf delete. Its getting a bit aggravating with the damn rushing air/jet sound until you stand on it.

For instance, taking off from traffic lights people next to the tip are getting pretty pi$$ed off and rolling up their windows. It would be entirely different if it was just engine roar - but its not, its an aggravating whoooooshhhh of air until you floorboard it. If you've ever heard other vehicles with plugged up catalytic converters, thats exactly what it sounds like. Or if you've passed by the guys working on bridges using the high pressure sand blasters cleaning things.. thats what it sounds like.

Im not sure what is causing the rushing air sound but I'd almost bet it has something to do with the uber-aggressive EGR system on these things since it turns into a beautiful throaty sound when you stand on it and the rushhhhhhhing sound goes away. I wish it sounded like that thru mid throttle too.

Its horrible enough sounding that If I can't figure out how to stop this aggravating rush-of-air sound I may very well put a good quiet muffler in-line or put the DOC/DPF back on it and let it regen occasionally. Quite honestly, they sound better with the dpf/doc installed at all throttle positions except wide-open :(

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
It does get a little annoying at times but it really isnt too bad unless you have your windows down and your boost is about 20-30psi then its bad. But I love it when there is a little neon srt that thinks hes bad *** and you just give it some gas and then let it whistle and they stop like a dog scared with its tail between its legs :hehe:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts