Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I just pulled the trigger on a 37ft 5th wheel. I'm pretty sure I am going to need airbags. Can someone recommend a good brand? I want the compressor and everything, not something I need to manually inflate...

The hitch weight for this camper is 1925. I think that might be a bit heavy for an f250? I need to look in my manual... Im assuming that hitch weight needs to be 1500lbs since its a 3/4 ton vehicle... Dry weight of the camper is 10,800. That in itself will be a challenge with 37's and 3.73's...

So the air bags... any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I went with the air lift 5000lb bags. I also bought the loadlifter dual controller for inside the cab but I haven't installed that part yet. As for the air bags you really can't go wrong with firestone or air lift brand from what i have read.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I run the firestone bags and they work great. I havent had them leak yet. I can pump them up and keep looking at the guage and it stays steady for months.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I had the Firestone's on my last truck and they worked great once I repaired the crappy mounts that I got (seems the batch of metal that was used in my set was no good).

I just ordered them again for my 08 and should be getting them any day. Definitely worth it if you do any sort of hauling.

The cheapest price was at autoanything.com. They had a 15% off sale and free shipping last week. I paid $274 shipped to my door. Nowhere else could touch that price. I called 4wheelonline.com and they said they couldn't even match that price, let alone beat it.

Edit: If the sale isn't going on still, use the Live Chat feature and just ask them to give you the 15% off. It has worked every time I have ordered from them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
274? wow. they are alot less than I thought. I guess the compressor etc, is where the money comes in, right?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
274? wow. they are alot less than I thought. I guess the compressor etc, is where the money comes in, right?
Yeah, across the board, the bags are around $320. The compressors and controllers are the expensive pieces. I have the Viair 100% duty setup sitting in my garage (P/N 10007).

Stick with the Firestone bags. Most people on here have them and they are great. I had issues with my first set but I got them fixed up and now I bought a second set. Check out autoanything.com for this stuff. Tough to beat their prices.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I have the Firestone Ride Right bags and HD compressor on my truck. Really like the setup. Added a couple two gallon tanks for some onboard air and my airhorn.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Do a search here and you will find more than a few people that have had problems with the Firestone air bag mounts, I had to reinforce mine, a after they bent. I would look into PAC-brake.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I had firestones on the last truck and this truck with no issues. Could the bending mounts just be a bad batch? Ive had my bags on this truck since 08 with no issues.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like it will be Firestone... the RV dealer that I am getting the fifth wheel through deals with an accessory shop and that's what they carry... so- we'll see! I like the Pacbrake though. If I had access to them, I would get them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts