Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was planning on buying this tv at walmart tomorrow morning at their black friday sale, but I found the exact same set at bestbuy.com for $2 more and its not even on sale! Samsung - 46" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - LN46A500

Best buy will also deliver to my doorstep free of charge on the tv. Walmart also has a samsung DVD player on sale for the same price as the exact same thing best buy does: Samsung - Blu-ray High-Definition Disc Player with 1080p Output - BD-P1500 which is $100 off at both places.

I don't really know jack about HDTV's, just been trying to do my homework the best I can before buying. I'll most definately buy the one from bestbuy given they'll deliver free. But do you think I should wait a few weeks? I don't see the prices going up on it and its not really a "sale" price at either location. Does anybody know where there's a better buy somewhere else? I don't really want to spend any more money than the $1100 for the TV, its at the top of my price range, but if there's something comparable or better out there I'd love to hear about it. let me know what you think? I'm wondering if the deals will get any better leading up to Christmas after this weekend... I'm not too worried about waiting since I can buy this particular TV anytime for that price. What should I do?

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check Newegg, thanks! This is some of the advise I'm looking for. I know there have to be better deals out there, its just a matter of finding them.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I absolutely love my 32" Samsung:thumb::thumb::nod::nod:

When and if this one ever goes out, i will definitely be getting another Samsung:thumb: if that tells you anything.

And have already recommended Samsung's to some friends, and they absolutely love theirs':thumb:

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
Kurt I have been looking into this for quite a while. IMO the Samsung is the way to go, best picture and sound out of any of them:thumb: As far as pricing, they have been selling for that around here for the last few months

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Over a year ago I ordered 20 32" Scepters to use in my surveillance room. (I paid about $550 a piece) They have ran the entire time without ever being turned off. I am very impressed with them, they look great

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to keep searching and hold off for tomorrow at least. Hopefully I can come up with a better deal. I've heard nothing but good about the samsungs too, I subscribe to consumer reports online and they seem to be great performers for the price.

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to the Newegg.com advise, I found the same blu ray player for $20 less! $180 instead of $200...

·
Registered
956 Posts
So Newegg has a good deal on blueray players? I need to check them out, I've been looking for an affordable blueray for a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
If you are looking for a good deal on a blu ray player, just buy a playstation 3. Then you have a Bluray player and game system all in one

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Walmart also has a Magnavox blu ray player on sale for black friday only, $128 until they are gone.. It was one of yahoo.com's 10 best buys for black friday. Only reason I'm not picking one up is I'm pretty much set on a samsung TV, so for the extra $$$ I'd rather keep the blu ray the same brand.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If you are looking for a good deal on a blu ray player, just buy a playstation 3. Then you have a Bluray player and game system all in one
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's what I have been figuring on but I just can't get over spending that much money to watch a movie. The DVD that I have was given to me and the other one I bought is a TV/DVD combo. I consider it a good deal as I was about to buy that 32" tv alone for almost the same price. I think I payed $40 over the other one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey man I work at sears, they will have some good deals on samsungs. Also sony blue ray players will be on sale. I'm not sure what the prices will be though.

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey man I work at sears, they will have some good deals on samsungs. Also sony blue ray players will be on sale. I'm not sure what the prices will be though.
What kind of time frame are you thinking before they go on sale? I'm curious what kind of pricing they'll have.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What kind of time frame are you thinking before they go on sale? I'm curious what kind of pricing they'll have.
Tomorrows sale will be 5 a.m. to noon, look on sears.com for pricing. I'm pretty sure they will price match any competitors price as long as it is the same exact t.v. Plus if you use a sears card you can get 12 months no interest, no payments.

Def. go samsung though, I have been real impressed with their t.v.'s.

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well my search is over... My wife went to walmart at 5am today and got me the TV and blu ray player I wanted... Probably could have saved a few bucks shopping around, but she knew I wanted it. She came home and woke me up to unload it...:)

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Wal-Mart loves to raise the mark up so that they can put it "on sale" for the original price it was to begin with. Very popular in electronics and jewelry!

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Its not fair to just say Wal-mart does it. Most all large retail outlets do this!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have a Samsung and a Westinghouse. Westinghouse is horrible, you'll be happy with Samsung.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts