Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bilstein 5100s on all corners and i have 2 friends with chevys that have had them and love them and they ride great but mine are so stiff it makes for an unejoyable ride. i like a stiff ride but these are so smooth or perform good on any surafce at any speed. going 5 mph over speed bumps makes my spartan screen fall and radar. Gravel roads are so rough i cant hear my radio and my console opens.

But im looking to get a much softer smooth riding set of shocks with around a 650 dollar budget

thanks for the help

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
arent smooth** sorry

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
674 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, I put 5100's all around on my truck, because everyone says how awesome and great they are. I was less than impressed, I think they are a ****ty riding shock on a super duty! I'm looking to replace my front shocks at the moment then i'll do the rears later

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think im gonna get the icon coils and get rid of my coils and leveling spacer and run the icon coils with my bilsteins and see how that works

2,030 Posts
How are the rancho rs5000 shocks?

· Premium Member
2,371 Posts
The Bilstein shocks are a great value and an excellent shock, but they do ride a bit rough for some people. If you want a smoother ride, I highly suggest going with ICON shocks. The 2.0 are great, but the 2.5's are even better. You will not believe the ride difference from the Bilsteins to the ICONS, its night and day.

· Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Check out our leveling systems if you're looking for a plush ride out of your SuperDuty! I have the pin-top leveling on mine and the ride is unbelievable!

Carli Suspension's King 2.5" Leveling Kit Release - Carli Suspension - Technical Forum

As for the above comments pertaining to 5100s; they aren't designed to be plush, they're designed to be firm given they're the first level of bilstein's off-road line. They're the best quality budget shock on the market with a lifetime guarantee to back them up but you won't get the plushness you'll get from a white-body emulsion (probably won't last more than 10K miles on a diesel truck) or a properly tuned 2.0" IFP/remote reservoir or 2.5" shock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.