Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and do not have a lot of history with Ford. I have been pulling a 13K fifth wheel camper with Dodge/Cummins, both the 5.9 and 6.7 for several years. I sold the Dodge because I only pull the camper 3 or 4 times a year and just cannot justify a $40,000 truck for as little as I use it.

So I have been shopping for something a little older but still not to the point of sacrificing reliability. So to the point!

I have found a VERY nice 1995 F-350 crew cab dually with 120K miles with the 7.3 being sold by family of deceased original owner. No hitch in bed. Some towing on bumper but mostly used as a personal truck. The truck is loaded and in really nice condition in and out.Six new tires. Priced at $6500.

With only 120K miles I don't have concerns about the running gear having any real wear so I guess I am more concerned with the 'age' of things, more so. Are there any seals, o-rings, gaskets, sensors, etc. etc. that anyone could give advice on changing that typically give trouble or fail with age particularly with these engines ( transmission?)??

I realize this inquiry is very general but I figure anyone with experience with these trucks have much better perspective than I do. Also, since this 95 is pre-intercooler, does that hurt power enough to Knock the truck over something newer?

As I said, I will only put 3 or 4 thousand miles a year on it but still don't want to end up on the side of the road pulling a camper in July with a wife, two kids, and two Chihuahuas yipping at me! Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts