Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this yesterday in the towing section with no response, and I am headed out this wednesday for a 5000mi. trip with 2500 of that hauling trailers (averaging 8k lbs.) Anyway I just installed today an H&S mini maxx, cat/dpf delete and an S&B intake on my 08 ext. cab 2wd truck. What are the best setting while hauling and empty for the best MPG? does anyone on here haul and use this setup? What are your results?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I use the hd300 and tow on either no power or mild. I daily drive wild and hot. I run s1m trans tune. Works great for me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I tow on hot damn, usually on wild or mild. Usually the heavier I tow the lower I'll turn it down. I just watch my temps and dont run it hard. 8'000lbs isn't real heavy, on hot damn even on the no power setting you'll be able to tell a big difference over stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I tow 8-10k I run mild or no power. If I tow on hot with my truck having a 3.55 and 20's it smokes (black smoke) way too much and I don't like my egts to get real hot for long periods. Not to mention how hard it is on the transmission.
I run on hot for daily driving and pulling a 1000-1,500 trailer occasionally.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I tow everything in no power setting, and run it on hot when daily driving unless it's raining? IMO the truck set in no power is still a freak of nature and can pull (anything) down the rd! Whatever you decide just keep an eye on your gauges?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Typically, depends on the load. Heavy loads, the closer to stock power, the better. Light loads you can probably get away with a mild HP bump. In any case, watch your gauges or monitor if you have one.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The hotter the tune the warmer the egt's and more stress on the transmission. I would tow in mild or stock power. Just watch egt's, engine coolant, oil temp and trans temp.

Sent with my mind using ESP.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
The hotter the tune the warmer the egt's and more stress on the transmission. I would tow in mild or stock power. Just watch egt's, engine coolant, oil temp and trans temp.

Sent with my mind using ESP.
X2. Just to be safe no matter how light the load i usually tow in no power or mild. Usually no power.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok Im confused on the H&S tunes....is there mild with mild, wild, and hot, then also wild with mild, wild, and hot, then is there Hot damn with mild, wild, and hot? I can never get my display to say Hot damn, or when it just says "Hot" does that mean "Hot damn" Did I miss something when I download?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There are 3 tunes ( easy, mild & hot damm). Each tune has 4 adjustable settings ( no power, mild, wild & hot).

·
Registered
41 Posts
And, you wont see any of the additional tunes until you do a DPF delete and reinstall the software for no DPF. Took me a couple hours on the phone yesterday before I figured that out. In addition, you wont see the trans tunes either until the the DPF is gone.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Why isn't there a stock trans tune with the DPF delete? And if there is, at what power level does it for you to choose the trans tunes?

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I believe the easy tune uses the stock shifting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts