Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So I have a killer bulletproofed 6.0 and now moving on to the interior swap. Here is the parts list.

• 2013 Black leather seats (finished wiring and installed)
  • Black carpet (covered top and bottom with noise canceling padding) installed
  • 2015 Black flow through center console (need help!)
  • 2010 Dash (not installed, purchased Mcnasty vent) waiting on Cluster/column helper to develop module for 2005
  • 2010 Black door panels (half installed, waiting on rest of shipments)
  • new headliner installed (neoprene black)
  • Painted all interior trim black with vinyl paint
So center console was expensive ($800) and didnt come with the middle or front bracket ($190 at ford dealership) but searching online I am realizing that the center bracket for the console uses the FRONT jumper seat bolts coming up from ground (2008+) and my 2005 shared the seat bolts for the center console jump seat.

So now I am looking for advice on how anyone has installed the 2011+ center console into a 1999-2007 Superduty successfully. I will drill into my lower body I guess but I think I would have to use self tapping metal screws which I dont think they will withstand the test of time. I also bought the front bracket, but I think I will run into the same problem as the mounting holes arent going to be in my truck.

My brackets should be here Friday for the console and I will have a better understanding of how I am going to achieve this. Please share if you have done this!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Doesn't the rear bracket bolt to the front seat, rear mounting bolt? That's where the 08 console bolts up.
I made my own brackets and used some decent sized sheet metal screws. You'll be fine with those.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't the rear bracket bolt to the front seat, rear mounting bolt? That's where the 08 console bolts up.
I made my own brackets and used some decent sized sheet metal screws. You'll be fine with those.
Thanks 6Riders, yes the rear bracket uses studs coming up from the body (right next to front seat rear bolts), So the back of the console is solid. I just wanted to make sure the front was also held down well and wouldnt move around. The dash mount is all plastic which I dont want to fully rely on to retain the front. I think the sheet metal screws holding the front brackets should be good. Now I am working on wiring up the center console power inverter and other power sources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.