Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is for my friends truck but i am basicly his mechanic, he needs a turbo because we are running 350cc/200% hybrids dp-tuned and adrenaline oiled on his stock turbo. well we were, until the thrust bearing failed from too much drive pressure. he is looking for a turbo to help make more power and clear up some smoke. we were looking at a modde H2E just wondering what people think of that turbo or have any suggestions. also need sugestions on the size of the housing and wheels because we need to specify when ordering. he daily drives this truck and truck pulls it never really tows anything big so not really worried about towing. he may take it to the drag strip, and also dyno it once we find a turbo set up.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
A modded h2 would be great for that application, or a gt42 (my personal preference)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does any one make a kit for the garret turbo you mentioned?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Empire diesel and carson stauffer both sell them I believe-

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
well for the garrett turbo the 4202r or a 4294 ect you need a t4 mount unlike the h2e which needs a t4i mount. honestly with those injectors i would look into a 4294 whether it be a gtx is up to you or maybe somethin like a s471. swamps as the sledgehammer which is pretty suitable to those injectors. for the mount i would get it from jake at irate diesel and he can prolly hook you up with a turbo as well. your buddy needs a hpop also

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the adrenaline is not enough for hpop?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
thats alot of injector to fill if he wants to sell i am lookin for one :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he may upgrade but for now he needs turbo. stock ones don't like 45psi. and egts can be hot. (2100) in a truck pull

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
call swamps but i think a sledgehammer (74mm) would do him well, they do good with 300/200's so they should do well with those sticks as well. might be able to get a gen3 hpop and some tunin in a package deal. you really need live tunin to dial those inj in though

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
A Stealth SRP1 will keep up no problem...Has been tested with 300/200% 647HP 2980 psi @35%

If interested let me know will start shipping the first of next week.

We also have modded H2e kits with Bellowed uppipes etc..

Cary

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Stealth srp-1 is the perfect hpop in this situation. Adrenaline wont keep up.

Call Jake at www.iratedieselperformance.com
He will hook you up with a killer price on a very well made T4 mount kit and a turbo. That's his specialty. He can also hook you up with an srp-1 or anything else you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts