Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my girl totaled LilRed:doh: so now i need a new truck and was wanting some advice on an 03 6.0 with 159000 miles. Would you or not and why or why not?? Ive done the whole Kelly Blue Book thing and the price is right. I really dont have faith in the 6.0 and cant afford an 08 right now. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
if you don't trust the 6.0, you should try to get one with some warranty left on it because otherwise you'll be worrying about it all the time.

I've got a 2003 6.0 and in the 8 months I've owned it, I've had the EGR tube, EGR cooler, and head gaskets all replaced under warranty. Am I happy with the truck? 100%.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wanna stick with 7.3 power? Buy my old 95! Well, someting like 95...:tard:

I prefer the 7.3L in general, but my dad drives a 6.0L '04 duallie and in the time he's had it, there's really been no problems. He was worried about all he heard, etc.... Like the rest of us. But he is gettin' old and drivin' slow these days. Maybe that's why his hasn't been a problem. It sure is smoother than my ol' beater... And it's quieter and more powerful, but less efficient! It had about 12K on it recently and prolly another 6k yesterday, so I know he does work it a bit... I'm the fool who unloaded the danged thing!:doh:

Either way, I won't knock it. Treated properly, I think they each do fine. But I'm lookin' at the next 150, gas burner.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I agree TJ have you found any 6.0Ls with warranty left either that you might need to make a trip to NC to see Scruffy and have him do the studs & EGR removal he is about the cheapest I have heard of doing studs when its out of warranty plus he is an awesome mech

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
oh yeah are you able to get any of your goodies off of it for lil white???

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
159K on an 03??? man, i only have 36K on my 04. you could find one with alot less miles on it. thats what i would do, unless you dont care about the mileage and or warranty.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Talk with brain 444 send him a pm its at a dealer and very reasonably priced and awesome truck see if they still have it

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Man sorry to Hear TJ.. Take it your girl is ok? Not sure about the 6.0. :dunno: If the price is right I'll sell you a 7.3... :lol:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well hopefully everyone is ok, trucks can be replaced, people can't.

On to the truck, I bought my '06 about a month ago, and I've been happy with it so far. I didn't want to afford an '08 and found a nice '06, when I was shopping I was looking for '05s and newer as they seemed to have many of the bugs worked out. Not to mention the revised front suspension for a little better ride.

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts