Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Edge Juice with Attitude and the EGT's never read much aboce 200* anmore. Just cruising around it will read about 80*, and when I go WOT on the performance tune it will go to about 150-200*. I checked the connections and they seam good.

So I was wondering, will any EGT probe work with my edge? For example, an Autometer probe? The Edge probe costs about twice as much and I highly doubt its any better. The only I have connects with 2 wires, a red and yellow wire.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I was told that they are specific for each gauge and that you shouldn't mix them, but I dunno how much I believe that. The Edge probe is $35 and I haven't really seen them much cheaper than that...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that they are specific for each gauge and that you shouldn't mix them, but I dunno how much I believe that. The Edge probe is $35 and I haven't really seen them much cheaper than that...
Where did you see it for $35? Everywhere I have seen, ranges from 80-120.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Uh.. from Edge directly. $30 + $5 s/h. Just got one like 2 weeks ago.

Edge Products| Product

Fits all Juice with Attitude. And it includes the fitting that goes into the manifold, even though the pic doesn't show it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I get for assuming the edge site would be more expensive then other retailer sites.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
... I want to know why the probe would stop working... I doubt thats your issue. They dont typically wear out, they dont stop working...

I have had the same probes in my truck for over 80k... no issues.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well maybe not on your truck, but they are kinda known for going out on bigger diesels. At my fathers work they have 2 cat motors that have had the probes die recently. As for performance applications, on the race car he use to work on, they died every couple runs down the track. Now I know I'm not exactly a performance application, but its just an example.

I do hope that's the problem though because I already ordered another one. Any ideas on what else it could be? If that's not it I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Well maybe not on your truck, but they are kinda known for going out on bigger diesels. At my fathers work they have 2 cat motors that have had the probes die recently. As for performance applications, on the race car he use to work on, they died every couple runs down the track. Now I know I'm not exactly a performance application, but its just an example.

I do hope that's the problem though because I already ordered another one. Any ideas on what else it could be? If that's not it I will keep you updated.
I have been testing for Isspro for about 5-6 years, I have never had a probe fail...

I would check all the electrical connections, check to make sure the probe is tight and use some dielectric grease on all the connections.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've replaced 3 of the same probes. my old JWA, my dads and one of my friends. At least I only live 5 minutes away from them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've replaced 3 of the same probes. my old JWA, my dads and one of my friends. At least I only live 5 minutes away from them.
hey duck slayer do u got any more pics of your truck? are trucks look pretty similar lol, are you from utah too? (sorry very off topic)

·
Registered
556 Posts
hey duck slayer do u got any more pics of your truck? are trucks look pretty similar lol, are you from utah too? (sorry very off topic)
Sorry no more pics yet. Yes I'm from Utah, Harrisville. Sorry to the OP for the derail.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been testing for Isspro for about 5-6 years, I have never had a probe fail...

I would check all the electrical connections, check to make sure the probe is tight and use some dielectric grease on all the connections.
Put the new probe in today and it works great. Maybe the edge probes aren't as high quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts