Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so my buddy is looking for some custom tunes for his 2001 7.3L powerstroke and i knew this was the place to go. So anyway he is currently running an edge and he hauls logs all day everyday and when he pulls a hill his truck shifts and just raps the motor out all the way up the hill. Anyone have any ideas on possibly a custom tune or something else i can suggest? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Levi

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
first he needs gauges.
if he has those i would get a chip from PHP, tony wildman, dp-tuner, gearhead.
im sure im missing some but those guys are all good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And thats why i love this sight. Quicker response then i could get by searching google....:woot:

Thanks a lot. He's got the gauges covered. I will pass on the suggestion. Appreciate It!

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
I have great results with wild man, I had it in the extreme tune the other evening albeit it was 50 degrees outside I had it floored beyond the speedo my egts never exceeded 1200*

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
With my water meth off I should add

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Alright so my buddy is looking for some custom tunes for his 2001 7.3L powerstroke and i knew this was the place to go. So anyway he is currently running an edge and he hauls logs all day everyday and when he pulls a hill his truck shifts and just raps the motor out all the way up the hill. Anyone have any ideas on possibly a custom tune or something else i can suggest? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Levi
Beans or Tony Wildman are the BEST tunes for these 7.3's, hands down. In that order.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I would put gearhead on the top of the list. beans and tw are the only other 2 tuners I would ever use if matt quit tuning. I also wouldn't suggest dp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts