Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 03 f250 6.0 powerstroke, I'm having acceleration and idle issues. Like I said in my previous post, I am new to the diesel world. People told me to buy a good monitor for it to help pin point the problem. I want to buy a good tuner anyway, So can anyone suggest a good tuner w/monitor. I know they are out there I Just want to know which one would come most recommended. Or should I just buy a good Tuner and then a separate monitor. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Hands down, a SCT device for the 6.0, with custom tunes.

SCT makes a LiveWire TS that is a tuner/monitor combo, which holds canned and custom tunes.

Then there are the handheld SCT devices like X3 that holds only custom tunes and the SF3 that holds canned and custom tunes. One of these with a separate monitor also work good.

It's a matter of personal preference if you want a combo or separate tuner/monitor. They all have there pros/cons. Either way, it would be wise to get a Fuel psi and EGT hooked up, either to the digital monitor or on separate analog gauges.

You can read up on the LiveWire TS on this link.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...-anybody-using-new-live-wire-ts-5015-yet.html

And for the stand alone monitors you can check out this link.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/259257-write-up-monitoring-6-0l-psd.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've been hearing good things about the sct sf3, but the sct livewire has the monitor. whats going to be the difference between them besides having the monitor. as far as performance/tuning goes.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
My suggestion buy a monitor first then if you want a little more acceleration then purchase a ficm tune from php, you can get the programmer later. A billet wheel will help as we'll with acceleration by spooling your turbo quicker. A programmer is nice but a good monitor is a must. If it were me I would get a monitor, ficm tune, maybe a billet wheel for the turbo, and then a custom tune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Performance and tuning will be the same in all SCT devices with custom tunes and canned tunes.

It's the monitor capabilities that will differ. There are some things that the LiveWire TS will and won't do when compared to the other monitor devices (DashBoss, Edge Insight CS/CTS, ScangaugeII, Torque). Same can be said when comparing all the monitors to each other, they all have there give and take.

Any of these monitors will read the basic PCM PID's, some will read more enhanced PID's than the others. Some will allow you to datalog, some won't. Some will limit you to only watching 4 PID's (Scangauge). Some will let you add external sensor for EGT and Fuel psi, which can't be read thru the OBDII because the 6.0 doesn't have factory sensors for EGT or Fuel psi.

All these monitor will read just about the same amount of PID's. It really comes down to how much you want to spend, and if you want the extra features from that device.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
we decided to buy a baby monitor. i don't know anything about them. what features are usefull and what features are not so usefull. i'd like to have one with a little hand held thing to the best baby monitors. what brands are reliable and what brands are not?

·
Administrator
24,809 Posts
we decided to buy a baby monitor. i don't know anything about them. what features are usefull and what features are not so usefull. i'd like to have one with a little hand held thing to the best baby monitors. what brands are reliable and what brands are not?
You stumbled onto the wrong forum bud... congrats on the tax break.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
How much horse power and torque do expect to gain with that new baby monitor?
BTL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.