Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a DPF to put on my truck just to get warranty job done..

Oil is leaking out of the truck.....

I just want to use it for the warranty job and will give it right back....

Thanks guys.... stuck in a situation....

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
I don't want to sound like an *** here but what did you do w/ the one you took off putting the delete pipe on?

-BG06.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to sound like an *** here but what did you do w/ the one you took off putting the delete pipe on?

-BG06.
Trust me I know... It got thrown away... Someone made out....

Honestly it wasn't supposed to be... Truck is out of commission now.. :(

I am located in Tampa.. Will pay for shipping both ways and for the trouble..

Even will do a contract on it.. So there would be no worries...

Thanks for anybody who helps....

Joe

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Well, you will more than likely run into this again(not sure when your warrenty runs out) so why don't you see if you can by one somewhere.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your probably right.. anybody know where to get one?

Still I would like to get one at least for this.. its looking like I might need a motor..

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Get one from a Ford dealer, wrecking yard, maybe have someone else you know buy it from the Ford dealer. You could say that your truck is out of warranty, and that you want to change out the DPF yourself to save some $$$. Then put it on, and they won't know it was you. Or you could buy it and then take it to a different dealer. Just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer is actually really good... I just don't have the money for a new one..
Ill have to check around more... If you know anyone please forward them my way..
I miss my truck..

Joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly thats not the situation...

My truck has 15k on it.. has not been beaten.. The dealer seams to think that
the radiator and sensor issue caused the truck to overheat like crazy burning the oil to sludge..

So for them to work on it under warranty.. I need to have a dpf installed..
Which is likely a new motor..

I am in this unfortunate position because of the shop I did the dpf kit at.. There was a miscommunication.. and it was thrown away....

Joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just sent him a text... So we will see...

Much appreciated guys.... thanks for the help.. keep it coming.. thats what makes this forum a great one...

Joe

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine will never go back on the truck, I could certainly get it to you....in about a week and a half. I will be out of the country tomorrow through the following Monday. If you can wait, let me know and we can work something out.

I am headed to Japan in July for 3 years, truck will be stored and unless I get rid of it, the DPF is going to the landfill....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine will never go back on the truck, I could certainly get it to you....in about a week and a half. I will be out of the country tomorrow through the following Monday. If you can wait, let me know and we can work something out.

I am headed to Japan in July for 3 years, truck will be stored and unless I get rid of it, the DPF is going to the landfill....
I could wait that timeframe.. I have to pick up the truck today and drive it home.. Going to sit in the driveway until then.. but thats ok..
That would be great... We could definitely work out a deal if you do ever need it back... just in case.. I would send it to you... I just need it to get the warranty done.. and then it will just sit...

Thanks...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm about 90 miles from you in Ocala,but just now in the process of removing my DPF. If you still need one when I'm done your welcome to the the POS. ha ha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts