Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I just had the $4300 headgasket and related structure job done at local dealership at the 63000 mile mark. Have driven the truck maybe 700 miles over the last four weeks since. Now, getting ready to tow 8000 lb load 1200 miles, tomorrow, and while my wife is taking the dogs to the vet, the low oil pressure warning comes on. Opened the hood and note dried coolant everywhere. Level is at minimum cool level and truck is warm. Drove right to the dealership and while on the interstate, the light does not come on. Slowing down into the dealership the oil pressure drops to almost zero and the light comes on. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Trying to get an idea what they may tell me tomorrow and be ahead on getting a pickup rental as have had this fishing trip on the books for 9 months and can't reschedule my time off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Drove it off a cliff and bought an '11 6.7. Much impressed with it so far over the 6.0. Local dealer who had done the recent repair gave me a good deal and every penny on the trade in of my 6.0. Would rather not have a new truck payment, but over all pleased with out come. Had a great fishing trip too!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thats always a good fix for coolant everywhere... :) enjoy the new trk..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts