Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i had a 6 pos chip given to me by a family freind, but then after a couple days of having it my cousin had wanted it so i gave it to him. Now i need one the truck is a 99.5 7.3 has gauges, exhaust(straight pipe) intake soon to be stage 2 injectors and turbonetics bb turbo. the trucks is used for mostly towing and it has a manual trans.

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
STOPPING YOU MOTOR FROM DEFUELING

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
UMMMMM AH YEA

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds good now i am stuck on DP tuner and the total diesel one i am going:crazy: need help

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
From what I understand you cant go wrong with either, they are both at the top of the game. I myself run a DP and love it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
if you get the chip now, and injectors and turbo later, get the tony wildman chip. he'll reburn it for free later when you add mods. Jody will charge a lot(to me anyway) for extra custom tunes.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Pull your PCM out and see what your pcm code is. Black Powerstroke is selling his DP Tuner...I think hes got a PMT1?? Not sure though...

Might be worth checking out

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Sorry afster re reading his thread he has an 02. It won't work. I was wrong...:doh: God that hurt to say...

Good Luck with whatever you get man!

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I would wait until you do the injectors or tell Jody what you are going to add as the tunes are different for larger sticks. If you go with a programmer to enjoy Jody's tunes all tweaking and new tunes can all be done by email, plus you gain a code reader and other diagnostic software.
NCH

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I would go with a tony wildman, because im loving the one on my truck, and once you start adding more mods you can send it back to him, and he will reburn the chip according to your mods for free, not seeing that from a dp tuner.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I would wait until you do the injectors or tell Jody what you are going to add as the tunes are different for larger sticks. If you go with a programmer to enjoy Jody's tunes all tweaking and new tunes can all be done by email, plus you gain a code reader and other diagnostic software.
NCH
One thing about an SCT tuner is Jody can not tweak everything he can with an SCT.

·
Registered
511 Posts
NCH

What tuner does Jody use? Bill use to custom program Edge boxes for them but he is using his own programs now. And why use a tuner they are slow and inconvenient compared to a switch on the fly chip.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts