Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is everyone using? I see a few types of the nice chrome 10 adjustable drop hitches. I just ordered a Icon 4.5" lift...looking for 35s and rims now and I tow a race car around

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have that saved on my ebay!

·
Registered
91 Posts
do you really need a 10" drop with a 4.5 lift and 35's?

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I have the 10 inch drop Rapid Hitch and it looks and works great. But IMO for a 4 inch lift unless the trailer sits extremely low the 6 inch drop would be plenty. I have 10 inches of lift on sittin 40's and the 10 inch goes low enough for that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the 10in or 12 in rapid hitch with 38's. Works great. Has anyone ever seen one broken? It says good for 10K and with the hitch lowered all the way thats alot of leverage and weight moving on a small piece of aluminum.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I have the 10in or 12 in rapid hitch with 38's. Works great. Has anyone ever seen one broken? It says good for 10K and with the hitch lowered all the way thats alot of leverage and weight moving on a small piece of aluminum.
I thought the same thing about my hitch but have pulled a couple heavy loads one of which was over 10,000 lbs and the hitch has held up great

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also run the 10" rapid on my 96 with 5+" lift, it is more than enough. I have never had any issues with it. I love it, plus everyone always coments on it. Just today I saw a guy in the car behind me at a light point at it and say something to his passenger. I used to keep multiple drops with both ball sizes, now I have this one. worth the price.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine has held up great even with my toy hauler but i just think about it in the back of my head.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you really need a 10" drop with a 4.5 lift and 35's?
as of right now I have a 5" drop which should be a 6". 2" more block in the back is 8"s needed and then add 35" tires...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts