Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..
I'm looking to upgrade to my new injectors very soon.. my signature tells the story. My question is.. what do I need to do next? My motor tranny and other parts are in good working order.. but I want my truck to run safely first and foremost.. but also push more power. I know that things will most likely break after I install these injectors but I'd like to take care of them before they go bad. I need to know what other upgrades I need, in order of importance.. and also what I should watch for(besides high egts) to make sure nothing breaks.. and also what will most likely break... thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a new hpop is the first thing I need to do? What will happen if I run my stock hpop for a little while?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've already got a zf5 so the tranny isn't a problem.. I have the gauges and they'll be installed at the same time as the injectors. My fuel pressure is above 50.. I just did the FPR shim and I'll have a fuel pressure gauge soon to go with the pyro and boost... which I will be watching pretty hard. The harnesses are getting replaced with the injectors as well. The chip will be here as soon as its burnt. And it's tuned for stock turbo fuel system and hpop. Until then I'll be running it soft. and I'll do the other upgrades as soon as the cash comes...

Ps. Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it a lot..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has a near brand new oem clutch in it now...once it fails it gets a south bend

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright.. So I'll check the fuel pressure after the injectors are installed.. If its sub par ill do e fuel..and take it from there with the other mods.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Someone mentioned to me before about running dual mechanical pumps.. Is that possible or worthwhile?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any idea how much that setup might run me?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Outlaw, what does your setup consist of with that pump? Did you put your own regulator on, fuel bowl delete, etc? I'm new to this stuff still and Id appreciate if you could be detailed about how you ran your system.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for providing all that info bud it helps a lot..I still haven't decided exactly what I'll do yet.. My fuel pressure isn't too hateful right now but it'll be changed over soon anyway because I'm paranoid.. It's just finding time for it lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.