Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to intercool my truck. does anyone know where i can get just the piping. and should i run a 7.3l intercooler or a 6.0l ?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
You can get the 7.3 ic piping and modify it to fit your obs, or rif raf diesel I think sells a pipe kit with boots to use an e-99 spider and 6.0 cooler, you need the spider and cooler tho

·
Registered
20 Posts
i used the e99 spyder, 02 7.3 all alluminum intercooler, and the pipes that are sold on ebay........many guys have used them........be prepared........its alot of work, lots of cutting, and it still barely fits........the 7.3 intercooler with a good set of couplers the coupler will touch the core of the rad even after you cut the heck out of it

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I have some stock SD pipes 7.3 for the ic I'm getting rid of, gonna order the custom ones pre bent so I don't have to worry, plus the pre bent come with all boots and clamps necessary

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the e-99 spyder? because i have the new 7.3 turbo on my truck with a recurculation pipe and no intercooler and now i want to put one in

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and could you possibly send me a link to the piping kit on ebay i cant find one.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
If you have a new gtp38 ? Turbo you should have the all 99-03 top portion, (manifolds, up pipes, intake, everything) so how do you not have the intercooler? The e-99 spider came on the 98 model year and fits the obs stock turbo, but you will need the late 99-03 spider if you want to fit an intercooler, and if you look for bronco parts on ebay the ic universal pipe kit will show up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do have all that stuff but the guy who had the truck before me just built a recurculation pipe instead of installing the intercooler because he didnt want to do all the work.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Wow, kinda weird, takes just as much effort either way, I have stock pipes if you want them

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stock pipes for the 7.3 ic?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and i need the 3 inch pipe kit right?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Yep, and 1 stock boot too, but I was gonna do the custom bent pipe from rifraf diesel, if you have an e-99 spider and 6.0 cooler they will give you all pipe and boots necessary

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i looked on the site and didnt see the kit? could you send me the link?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's the one, you still gotta cut some of it I hear tho

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Talkin bout rifraf?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
theres a 3 inch pipe kit on ebay for 90 bucks. thats reallly cheap compared to anything else

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah could you send me the rif raf link

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Still gotta cut it, but yeah that's a pretty good price, I think the rif raf kit is like $120ish but requires nothing but cutting your core support

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmmm well id rather spend the extra 30 and only have to cut that. plus then i can use a 6.0 liter cooler which is supposed to be a little better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts