Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...I know SOMEONE on this board has to have a pair....I want to know who, where you mounted them, and what your air supply setup is.

Pictures would be awesome.

(Can't make up my mind where mine are going and what air system to use)

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump:

Anyone?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't have Nathans, but I just picked up a Leslie RS3L... I'm not totally set up yet, but heres what I'm thinkin so far... I just bought a Viair 480 comp of ebay for 190 shipped. Thats the best deal I have found on a 480 by 50bucks! I am going to run 2 5gal. tanks, with 1/2" line. I have removed my spare and the pully system, and am going to mount everything there. Besides the compressor, and horns, I am going to buy everything else I need to finish the set up from suicidedoors.com . Check them out, and you should be able to find everything you need there under Air Management!

Hope this helped!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have Nathans, but I just picked up a Leslie RS3L... I'm not totally set up yet, but heres what I'm thinkin so far... I just bought a Viair 480 comp of ebay for 190 shipped. Thats the best deal I have found on a 480 by 50bucks! I am going to run 2 5gal. tanks, with 1/2" line. I have removed my spare and the pully system, and am going to mount everything there. Besides the compressor, and horns, I am going to buy everything else I need to finish the set up from suicidedoors.com . Check them out, and you should be able to find everything you need there under Air Management!

Hope this helped!!
I forgot to add I'd like to keep the spare in it's location. I drive a lot of miles and if I ever got a flat and didn't have my spare I guess I'd have to flag people down by sounding the horn....not something I'd want to try to do. :hehe:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I want some K5LA's soooooooooooo...oooooooooo BAD!! I have some United Pacifics? right now and they are loud enough for average people, but I'm not average!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want some K5LA's soooooooooooo...oooooooooo BAD!! I have some United Pacifics? right now and they are loud enough for average people, but I'm not average!

Got any pictures of them?

Where do you have them mounted?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Steve contact BamaF350 he has a set on his truck.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice horns! What kind of pressure are you hooking up to them? Is there an ideal pressure? I was going to go with 200psi VS 150psi if they would handle it fine.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I e-mailed the company and asked for some info.

Here's what they sent me. Kinda neat :thumb:

Sorry they are shrunk down so much....if you want the original, just PM me

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
One thing i have learned its not the pressure so much as the volume... you will want to run probably only 120-150 psi to them, but with a 1/2" line... Do some searching on here, you will find all the info you need. Or look at JJKPowerstroke's old posts. He has a wealth of knowledge on this subject!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hey CSX can you get your hands on anymore of them? Restored or not... Mine are in front of the right rear tire on the frame! I will try to get pics later... :thumb:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One thing i have learned its not the pressure so much as the volume... you will want to run probably only 120-150 psi to them, but with a 1/2" line... Do some searching on here, you will find all the info you need. Or look at JJKPowerstroke's old posts. He has a wealth of knowledge on this subject!
I've got access to 3/4" line/fittings at work. Might be interesting...

Although the input for the air on the horn itself is only 1/2" NPT

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
3/4" may be a bit too much, it will still be down to 1/2" when it goes into your horn...

·
Registered
555 Posts
with a 1/2 inlet I believe 3/4" line is worthless. I might be wrong though! I don't think it could hurt to run 3/4 though ha ha. I only have an extended cab w/ a shortbed, and there is NOWAY for me to mount anywhere but where the spare is. I set them on the frame and they only clear the ground by about 4" ha ha. That aint happenin! There is always the bed?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
with a 1/2 inlet I believe 3/4" line is worthless. I might be wrong though! I don't think it could hurt to run 3/4 though ha ha. I only have an extended cab w/ a shortbed, and there is NOWAY for me to mount anywhere but where the spare is. I set them on the frame and they only clear the ground by about 4" ha ha. That aint happenin! There is always the bed?
I'm thinking I might be able to make a bracket to hold them underneath the truck right off the frame rail. I'm not getting rid of my spare so if they don't fit under the truck, they're going under the toolbox. (I think they'd be more loud to other people if under the truck)

Your truck is 2wd, right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts