Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question, of course ive had the full kn intake for awhile now but its gettin dirty and instead of cleaning it i think im just gonna buy the napa filter that everyone uses on the diy tymar. my question is how do i go about doing it? should i just take off the metal kn box and just attach the napa filter onto the pipe?:dunno:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,759 Posts
Yes you will have to remove the metal heat shield. The napa 6637 filter will fit right onto the K&N intake tube.

I been running like this for a while now.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so just let the filter sit on the "floor" basically???

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
screw it, i just ordered it from napa lol :woot:

·
Registered
905 Posts
i did this with our 96. if you need help i can take a look at what i did. its been a while so i dont exactly remember how i did it.

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Dakotah this is the way i'm running it on my 97. The 6637 filter fits right on the K&N tube and also fits in the box with no problems.

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Here's some pics:

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Thanks, i got lucky the guy who owned it before me took real good care of it and i've kept up with it since. And believe me a lot of times beer wins out with me too! :hehe:

·
Registered
888 Posts
SMKSTAX,

That looks good.

I have had the original FIRST K&N FIPK production box in my truck for over 6 years now ( I think, maybe 7 years, can't remember) but anyways.

It is a good kit and much better than just the Pipe with a Filter on the end of it as the AIR is directed into the first from the outside ;)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is awesome!!!!! it fits in the kn box!! my 6637 is currently on its way to my house

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
which is good for??? and shouldnt it be in the cab?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
i also have the gauge to measure fuel pressure mounted in the same spot by the fuel bowl. they recommend it if you do the fpr shim mod but my truck had the guage when i bought it and i later did the fpr mod

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
exactly, oh btw update i got the filter in today and i was all excited and everything, on a side note that thing is a MONSTER!!!!!!! well i pull it out of the box and guess what......the whole side was incredibly (sp) crushed!!! looks like someone karate chopped it basically. so i was pissed! i called the napa guy and he was cool and sent me another one, on the other hand filing a claim with ups is a pain in the @ss!!! they told me that i had to keep it for 5 days then someone would come and look at it! wtf so i called napa back and he said screw it thell call me and sent me a new one! :woot:

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
what is the guage next to the fuel bowl for?
Yep as was already stated that gauge is for the fuel pressure. Plumbed it right off the fuel bowl header (FPR). :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.