Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 6637 Napa filter fit on the K&N tube and in the K&N box? I tried to search, but didnt' come up with a whole lot.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
the element we use would not fit on the end of a K&N FIPK system. I guess you could technically modify things to get it in, but you wouldn’t have minimal radial clearance around the filter, which should be considered very important to providing low restriction air to the turbo. Without supplying minimal radial clearance, you won’t get the positive benefits the open element system should create. You could probably sell it and pay for our Tymar kit..

Cary

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your element the 6637? I could probably cross something over to replace the K&N. The K&N gets dirty so quickly I could pay for a paper filter and have better filtration in my opinion. Website of the Tymar kit?

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
No its a Donaldson as The WIX/NAPA 6637 is not a hydrophobic (water resistant) element and using it as an open element should be avoided.

The Donaldson can hold over 1lb of dust and still flow the air needed. I live on a dirt road 1/3 mile long and have gone 60k miles and it still flows all the air my modded H2e needs..I changed it as it looked like hell on the outside but inside perfectly clean.

I'll PM you a price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts