Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a 3x Cummins owner with my 1st P-stroke. It is quite different. Im not going to say that I would CHOSE the 7.3 over the 5.9, but the truck as a whole has been a much better deal! Has more power, but it just feels SOOOO boost reliant. Nonetheless, nature of the beast I suppose. Ive actually been a member here for about 6mon, but Ive been w/out internet access. Anywayz, glad to be here, and look forward to bettering both my rig, and myself via yall's knowledge!
Mav

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
:welcome1: Good switch I'd say!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alrighty. 2002, Crew Cab, Lariat, Short bed, 4x4, with the 7.3, auto tranny, 3:73s, 10in Superlift on 38in Mud Grapplers. Ive done the BHAF mod(IDK if thats what the Ford world calls the big filter) and that is it, thus far. The day after I bought it installed a new tranny(long story), replaced alternator, idler pulley, and a hub in the past 9mon Ive owned it. But, the most important thing is, it starts EVERY TIME I turn the key. Cant say that about my old Dodges... 220K miles, but IDK where they were aquired, b/c the rig is beautiful! Im really enjoying it!
BTW, LOVE the 2 tone on the top of your sig!!!!!

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,654 Posts
Sounds like a nice rig.

Thanks, I wish i liked that truck more right now lol

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Alrighty. 2002, Crew Cab, Lariat, Short bed, 4x4, with the 7.3, auto tranny, 3:73s, 10in Superlift on 38in Mud Grapplers. Ive done the BHAF mod(IDK if thats what the Ford world calls the big filter) and that is it, thus far. The day after I bought it installed a new tranny(long story), replaced alternator, idler pulley, and a hub in the past 9mon Ive owned it. But, the most important thing is, it starts EVERY TIME I turn the key. Cant say that about my old Dodges... 220K miles, but IDK where they were aquired, b/c the rig is beautiful! Im really enjoying it!
BTW, LOVE the 2 tone on the top of your sig!!!!!
Big Honkin Air Filter... We gottcha:thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
95DS, lol Im seeing quite a bit of different nomenclature in the PS world vs CTD.
K15, thats the way it goes, bud. Car, truck, woman...it doesnt matter. A constant WIP. lol

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,315 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Traitor7.3, Welcome to the .org. Sounds like a nice truck. No doubt the 5.9's have their benefits too, but like everything there are "gives and takes".

You mentioned that it seemed to be very reliant on boost. A couple of things to think about that might help out...I didn't see a tuner listed in your parts. That can really help wake up the lower RPM ranges. Take a look at DPTuner, Tony Wildman or Power Hungry Performance (or others) for some good "custom" tunes. Also, I suspect that the tires size/gearing combo doesn't help either. I am in the same boat as far as that goes and am planning on doing gears soon. I am still deciding between 4.30's and 4.56's, but stay tuned and I'll post up the difference when I get it done in a few months.

Until then...Enjoy the company on here and good luck with the truck!

-Aaron

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Don't mind me
27,522 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.