Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 484 Posts

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
Might be easier to find a winning lottery ticket than to find someone local with IDS! :hehe:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
O rings on the orb fittings are shot so I am waiting for new ones to show up. Looks like I will be down for another week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Might be easier to find a winning lottery ticket than to find someone local with IDS! :hehe:
Hey SC, I am about 25 miles northwest of you and have an IDS. I work odd hours but you're welcome to come out and run as many diagnostics as you would like. PM me if you are interested. Been busy lately but will check back as soon as I am able.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Got a good deal on one is all. One day this will be solved. When it is this truck is going to be a monster with all of these pieces. It's a crippled monster right now.

I have a buddy that has a compression gauge that will work. I just have to pick up the adapter for it and I can work on the compression test. I started working on clearing out a bunch of parts and items I don't need in preparation for a motor, I am starting to feel like that could very well be the problem.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #193 (Edited)
Ordered the OTC 6660 adapter. Slowly but surely.

Will be doing a cylinder leak down test instead of compression. Should be able to get to it in the next week or two. My buddy has the OTC leak down gauge set so that is why I am doing that instead. It should also be a little easier to identify the specific issue.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
New o rings are here along with the other adapter, ficm tuner, replacement starter for the replacement starter, and just scored a new set of the Harley Davidson 4x4 bed decals. I had been looking for a new set for a couple years.

Will get the o rings swapped out tomorrow or Saturday hopefully and we can go from there.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
New o rings did the trick. I will drive tth truck around this week and see how it does. The short test run already showed me how much more responsive it is.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Also another note on the swap back from non vgt. I forgot how quiet a straight piped vgt turbo is in comparison to a non vgt.

I think my low pressure oil sensor is dying. it just started going back and forth between 0 pressure and normal pressure. All other oil pressures appear to be unaffected. And before the obvious is stated the oil level is good.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
The vgt straight piped is similar to the non vgt with a muffler. I am reacclimating to the whistle.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #199 (Edited)
As of right now my cruising egts at 65 mph stay between 850 and 900. That may not sound great to most but that is the best I have seen in a long time. Now I just need to get a vss compatible axle back in the rear.

Side note, even my wife said it seems really quiet, the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
That's about what my EGTs are.

181 - 200 of 484 Posts