Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been noticing an exhaust leak lately and inspected my exhaust to find the up pipe leaking at the turbo end, how will this effect my performance and fuel milage? also how big of a job is it to replace these? it looks like the turbo has to come off and if thats the case then i will wait to do my ww and turbo back exhaust. also the trucks got 240k and was used for plowing so the bolts look like they are gonna snap just looking at them. what are the tricks to not braking all the bolts off?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had the same issue, I didn't notice mine until the transmittion was out. It was burning a hole in the case.

I wouldn't leave it that way for long.

As for getting the bolts off, I used liquid wrench and alot of elbow grease.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yea your egts will be through the roof if your leak is bad enough, it will definitley rob performance

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
When mine were leaking the first time I just bought new everything and then put it all back together with high temp anti-seize. I never had a problem with taking them off or tightening them again.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had the benifit of my tranmition being out of the way, so that made my job a little easier. I loosed the manifolds and then did it that way.

I don't know if that was easier, but now that I look back at it, I should have removed the turbo and done the EBPV delete at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts