Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a few pics in a 6.0L discussion, but everyone may not of seen it.. So I will tell the whole story.

I am 19 years old right now, almost 20. When I was a senior in high school, I bought a 1999 Ford F-350 Lariat V-10. Put an 8in. Suspension and 38 Baja Claws on in.

After Graduation, I put another 5in lift on the truck, and kept the 38s

When the 38s started to get bald, I looked into getting new tires for it, and I could get 46s for 100 bucks more than I could get new 38s for, so another 3in of lift and 46s got put on the truck..

Well, Ever since I bought my V-10 Ive wanted a Diesel, so April 1st I picked up my new truck and swapped the lift..

heres my new truck stock.. 2004 Ford F-350 XLT 6.0L Diesel

And how shes sitting now..

AND THE OLD TRUCK~FOR SALE~

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THE PICS~:icon_ford:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Good choice on switching to diesel:thumb: Thats one sick truck you got there man, thing is massive. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Truck looks great bro...what kind of fuel mileage you getting on the diesel compared to the V10 with that set up?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Truck looks great bro...what kind of fuel mileage you getting on the diesel compared to the V10 with that set up?

I second that. Are you getting double?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have no idea.. I havent plated the diesel yet, waiting to sell the V-10, the V-10 was getting like 6-8mpg with the 46's.

My dad has a 7.3L and on highway gets 16mpg with 24in of lift and 49s.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How the hell does that truck turn?

YOU TURN THE STEERING WHEEL.. :rofl:

My truck tires rub on sharp turns but only on the leaf springs cause tires are so wide, under regular driving I doesnt rub only sharp corner:tard:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
6-8 holy shat....i would quit driving.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I have no idea.. I havent plated the diesel yet, waiting to sell the V-10, the V-10 was getting like 6-8mpg with the 46's.

My dad has a 7.3L and on highway gets 16mpg with 24in of lift and 49s.
Don't mean to sound like a meanie to a newbie but 16mpg on 49's ain't happenin....

I get 14ish driving like I do. I can get 18ish mpg on the hwy running 65...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't mean to sound like a meanie to a newbie but 16mpg on 49's ain't happenin....

I get 14ish driving like I do. I can get 18ish mpg on the hwy running 65...

Is happenin.. no joke..

Running speed limit, with cruise on, locked in at under 2000 rpms so the turbos not spooling! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Looks pretty good I always loved your V-10 I liked the stance on the 38's on the original lift. haha 6-8mpg with 46's is pretty good my girl friends used to get 7.5-8 and it was only on 33's

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what lift components do you you have and how much did it come out to be all in all

8in Skyjacker Leaf Spring Lift

5in Donahue Shackle Lift

3 in Body Lift

16.5x12 Mickey Thompson Classic II Wheels
19.5x46x16.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

16ins Lift Total

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
how often does it eat unit bearings?

·
Registered
672 Posts
my lift is exactly 1/4 that size lol. nice choice on the reg cab long bed. the engine compartment must be kinda hard to work on

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wat about brake line, trac bar, and steering? also how much money do you have in the lift alone? i want mine that big!! lol

Brake Lines- $250 bucks from SUPERDUTY HEADQUARTERS
Trac Bar- was with skyjacker kit
Steering- Drop Pitman arm from SKYJACKER

I need Cross Over Steering, gonna buy it when i sell old truck from OFFROAD UNLIMITED

8in Skyjacker was the most expensive, not sure the cost
5in shackles, were 450 bucks
3in body was 370 bucks

wheels 152 a piece
tires 450 a piece

Try NATIONAL TIRE AND WHEEL (Home Page @ NTW) to get an idea about prices, and if you wanna order stuff, let me know, my buddy gets deals, he has his own shop.. :nod:

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
thats huge!!! I dont see how people can drive trucks that big on the street!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats one mean looking rig man, looking good....wish i had it and didnt have to pay to fuel it! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts