Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Administrator
wait wait, so you press the key pad lock sequence 3 times and it starts but you press the fob lock three times and it doesnt?

Administrator
i read it as
he was able to remote ( if standing next to it is remote lol) start the truck 3 times by fat fingering an unknow code into the keypad ,, enetred one time not 3 in a row

Registered
Have you tried the 3 lock sequence other than from your bedroom? I ask because mine won't work from inside the house. I actually have to be rather close for my fob to work with any function, but that's probably a separate issue.
My point is to try it when you're close enough to the truck to tell if it's locking the doors.

Premium Member
Crazy that this is even a conversation. So many 6.0 owners are happy just because their truck starts using the ignition!馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Have you tried the 3 lock sequence other than from your bedroom? I ask because mine won't work from inside the house. I actually have to be rather close for my fob to work with any function, but that's probably a separate issue.
My point is to try it when you're close enough to the truck to tell if it's locking the doors.
Yeah the truck was locking just fine so I had signal but nothing was happening, the trucks less than 15 feet from the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
i read it as
he was able to remote ( if standing next to it is remote lol) start the truck 3 times by fat fingering an unknow code into the keypad ,, enetred one time not 3 in a row
Yeah I鈥檓 not much help there idk how it actually started but I followed the wires and it went to a module and it said code alarm on the top of it. I googled it and nothing came up that made any sense.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Crazy that this is even a conversation. So many 6.0 owners are happy just because their truck starts using the ignition!
Yeah I guess I shouldn鈥檛 be too greedy

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Here鈥檚 the module right next to that large red wire with the white plug going into it.

Registered
2012 F-350 6.7, 2019 Corvette c7, 2011 Infiniti G-37 Convertible, 2019 Nissan Leaf, 1974 Mazda REPU
Here鈥檚 some pics under the dash, somethings definitely been messed with in the first pic.

Whoever did that wiring butchery should be publicly flogged

Administrator
DEI / Viper/Code etc only warranties your product if you purchase and install with authorized installer
I remember watching Audio Express the authorized retailer load my truck with scotch lock T taps even though the DEI manual discouraged it
I went home and undid every one and fixed with heat shrink and solder lol

Administrator
@Adam1976 the idea of a remote start is you dont have to leave the keys in the vehicle, the range of the remote start is dictated by the quality of the product.

I still think OP should test out the three lock deal and see if its working as designed before unraveling it.

Registered
don't forget the meatballs
@ZMANN & Heavy_GD
You Guy's Are Not Right!! It's 3:32 AM I have a Kidney Stone the size of An Almond.
Thank you for making me Laugh under these Circumstances .Now I will make up a Story to tell Mimi why there is Gatorade Dripping from the Monitor.
Thank You for all that you Folks do...
But you are still not Right!

Reactions: Heavy_GD
21 - 40 of 42 Posts