Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So something weird I ran into when I first got my truck about a month ago but haven’t had a chance to ask you guys about was when I was setting my own custom door code. I pressed the wrong combo of numbers from what I wanted it set at and when I was trying to put what I thought my code was into the door to test it out the truck started. I’m not sure how I did it because I put my code in and hit a couple more numbers afterward because I realized I had fat fingered it when I was setting the new code up. I hope I’m making sense here because I don’t really know how to explain it haha but I got it to do it 3 times and it hasn’t done it since. Is it possible the truck has some type of weird remote start or security system installed on it that I’m not aware of? I’ve only got one key and fob and it’s factory. Edit: My truck is a 2006 F-350 KR CCLB.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Look around under the dash.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probably an aftermarket remote start. I found mine in a similar fashion. LOL. The module may be located under the steering wheel. On mine, you can start the truck by pushing any lock button 3 times.......door, key pad or key fob.

·
Administrator
30,944 Posts
Aftermarket Remote start with keypad would be a silly undertaking IMO it would take a lot of extra effort and why ???

but obviously something is wonky ,,

·
Administrator
30,944 Posts
And as far as I know that keypad only can lock unlock via a signal to the VSM module
not sure how you would have a third code operate anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aftermarket Remote start with keypad would be a silly undertaking IMO it would take a lot of extra effort and why ???

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how they wire them in. If you're at the truck, just use the key.........

·
Administrator
30,944 Posts
head scratcher
his KR should be the hardware vs wireless like if you added one on later AFAIK so that rules out an errant Rf signal

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably an aftermarket remote start. I found mine in a similar fashion. LOL. The module may be located under the steering wheel. On mine, you can start the truck by pushing any lock button 3 times.......door, key pad or key fob.
I just tried the 3 click lock from my bedroom and nothing happened but I’ll check out under the dash tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I agree, I don’t really see the point in having it start from the keypad. You should’ve seen my face when it did lol.

·
Administrator
22,490 Posts
on most remote starts, lock three times starts the vehicle.

If you are using the key pad/remote and locking the truck three times, then it would start.

·
Administrator
30,944 Posts
thats interesting
and seems to be a liability i see people lock their doors multiple time often
on all DEI / viper units I have seen if you lock three time you have just locked 3 times lol
the remote start is a separate button on a replacement fob
it reads like he hit a random fat finger code entered once and the door did not lock instead the truck started ?

i have never read the ford instructions for the add-on remote start they sold

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here’s some pics under the dash, somethings definitely been messed with in the first pic.

·
Registered
773 Posts
on most remote starts, lock three times starts the vehicle.

If you are using the key pad/remote and locking the truck three times, then it would start.
I have seen some that use the factory remote with the 3 click lock to start.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
30,944 Posts
find where the wires from all those t taps or that valet switch go and you will find the remote start module

1 - 20 of 42 Posts