Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My truck got MOLESTED!

Well I came out from eating lunch Friday and I find my door handle was laying on the ground! I can only assume they were intending on stealing the entire truck and got spooked, because absolutely nothing was touched or missing.

So I replaced the handle with a driver side rear handle...

The part that pissed me off the most was the scratches on the paint, touch up paint concealed it some but I know its there, Now I have the Viper 5900 with the shock sensor, etc, etc. It is hooked up to my train horns also so hopefully there will be a $hit trail from the next MOFO! This week if time permits I will have all my windows limo tinted and Jimmy-Jammers on the way...

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Man, the more I hear of these "attacks", the more it tells me to swap the handles out!:doh:

Sorry bout your luck, glad nothng including the truck was stolen.:nod:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The handle took about 15 minutes max to change out Eric, it was $70 cost at the dealer but it is not a color keyed handle which yours is I think. I am still unsure about the Jimmi Jammer...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
yup, been there myself. I removed all linkages from my door and filled the key hole with bondo until I swap it out with a LR handle. Jimmi jammers are also a good idea. I have the Top notch Viper myself also with 2 mile paging. 2 horns... factory + Viper horn. I'm also doing the Air Horn hook up sometime. It sucks, a lot of us have been there... the first time they smashed a window out of mine. I'd also recomend a CLUB wheel lock. The more obstructions, the harder it is... the less likely it'll happen. It's a probability game. FYI, I love my Viper. I have signal everywhere inside Home Depot :) That's a bad store for me to be in if I get a page.... hehe.

One further step is maybe a Surveilance camera inside the truck that broadcasts or downloads to a black box that is hidden. The cost in surveilance has come down, and quality is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
damn that suck man sorry to hear .....i quess your dirty truck plan didnt stop them:dunno:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess they didn't think it was a POS from all the dirt...

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I feel your pain bud. Jolene was molested a few months back, and that's when decided to give her a chastity belt (Clifford 50.5x). That way no one else can molest her without me knowing.

Those bastards get everything they have coming to them! I hate thieves.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Are there door handles out that aren't so breakable like plastic?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
dont you wish you could have 5 min alone with the guy who tried to get your truck :rod:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish I could have walked out and caught him, It wouldn't exactly been "alone" time!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
man i feel bad dude..just last night someone hit my jeep up and stole my headunit, a few dollars and all my change. all the silver and left the pennies. damn bastards. And my friend called me up about 3 days and told me that someone stole his dirtbike right outta his truck and used his ramps to their advantages. its unreal man.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
and 3 days ago my wife had her wallet taken out of her purse that she had just sat in the car, then had to run inside the house to get the kids...

i called and said I was on my way home, so she did'nt go back out for another 5 min or so.. and i pulled up and saw the passenger door open on the car... she went out and found her wallet/checkbook holder missing and gone...

I hate theives - hell, 4 months ago they stole our 1.5 y/o son's big wheels off our front porch... :rolleyes:

believe me - i'm about to light our place up like fort knox with motion lights - putting up a fence - and going to purchase some IR and color DVR wireless cameras and surround my home/property with them

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hate to tell you... if they want it, they will get it.. no alarm, jimmy jammer, train horn is gonna keep them from doing it... the way i figure it, door locks keep people honest... anything else is just more **** for them to tear apart and ruin when they steal it... making it complete hell to deal with when you get it back (IF you get it back)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I hate to tell you... if they want it, they will get it.. no alarm, jimmy jammer, train horn is gonna keep them from doing it... the way i figure it, door locks keep people honest... anything else is just more **** for them to tear apart and ruin when they steal it... making it complete hell to deal with when you get it back (IF you get it back)
That's true. It's a preventative thing, but also a time saver thing. If it takes them 6 minutes instead of 2 there's that much more chance of catching the dicks and throwing them in the dirt.

·
Registered
97 Posts
and 3 days ago my wife had her wallet taken out of her purse that she had just sat in the car, then had to run inside the house to get the kids...

i called and said I was on my way home, so she did'nt go back out for another 5 min or so.. and i pulled up and saw the passenger door open on the car... she went out and found her wallet/checkbook holder missing and gone...

I hate theives - hell, 4 months ago they stole our 1.5 y/o son's big wheels off our front porch... :rolleyes:

believe me - i'm about to light our place up like fort knox with motion lights - putting up a fence - and going to purchase some IR and color DVR wireless cameras and surround my home/property with them
just put up some fake cameras... dont waste the money on the real deal.. chances are no one will be able to put a name to the face you get on the DVR unless its SUPER close

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's true. It's a preventative thing, but also a time saver thing. If it takes them 6 minutes instead of 2 there's that much more chance of catching the dicks and throwing them in the dirt.
dont get me wring, ive got an alarm with the pager on my truck... i'm all for that... and if they really want to take it and try to disable the alarm, chances im out there with my .40 already... if they want it bad enough they will just carjack you... which puts lives in danger (yours & THEIRS)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
dont get me wring, ive got an alarm with the pager on my truck... i'm all for that... and if they really want to take it and try to disable the alarm, chances im out there with my .40 already... if they want it bad enough they will just carjack you... which puts lives in danger (yours & THEIRS)
Yeah. You are right. As soon as I get the dough aside I think I'm gonna get the full Python setup. Maybe put some strobes in too lol Thing is, the majority is most just want free $hit. They'll part it out quicker than they'll try to sell it in one piece or even keep it for themselves. Such a sad reality.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
They're not afraid of getting caught because they know the chance rather small along with the penalty being a slap on the hand for the most part. When the US justice system grows a pair of balls and punishes criminals accordingly they might actually be afraid to commit crimes. As long as they keep bending over and unzipping their drawers after they violate the law it's gonna be the same.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts