Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with tune in its not really noticable i guess beacuse converter is locked up most of the time. Take the tune out its a whole other story. 1-2 is ok but 2-3 3-4 4-5 flare real bad then bang into gear and od light flashes! i new it was going to happen just not this soon! anyway got direct clutch codes. to i tested solenoid and it ohmed out a 4.5 and this is ok 4.3 to 4.7 is spec.I desided to put gogo in anyway to no avail. the trans was spotless and fluid is red and very clean.I guess im looking at overhaul so LILPOOH is recomending suncoast rebuild kit. i think im going to priceout converter, input shaft, and clutches and some hardware for it! anything else?

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Precision converter and all the billet stuff you can throw at it.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Why are you planning on rebuilding the transmission if you didnt check for codes yet? Just because the voltage to the solenoid was okay doesn't mean its operating correctly. My gogo solenoid would stick only when the fluid got hot and the thermostat in the trans opened, mine held pressure, tested perfectly fine but still gave me problems. If the trans was that bad, there WILL be material in the pan. I say pull the codes and see whats actually going on first before spending over 4 grand.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pizza already check for codes I said that in my post. I've rebuilt many of these for this. My direct clutch is bad. The seal is bad and the clutches burnt.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many ponies are you pushing threw that tranny?? I always hear this 550-600rwhp mark that these trannys supposedly hold up to. However I have seen several take a crap before them kind of numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have my meth on yet but around 550.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Also been reading good things about DieselPerformanceConverters

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input guys keep it coming I'm going to research all of them before I start buying anything.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
sounds familar to me, too much power and tranny didn't like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts