Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We'll just added another diesel to my vehicle list. 1991 VW Jetta 1.6 Turbo with only 103k original miles on it, picked it up for 3500. Gets 40-43 mpg and runs like a champ. The 7.3 will be siting now and only come out during work and play hours.

Have to replace a cracked power steering reservoir and have a little oil in the coolant reservoir(might just let this one ride or maybe replace the head gasket at some point), and due the time belt at some point as well. Maybe throw on a set of cheap wheels and tires to jazz it up a bit.

Biggest plus, less frequent fill ups for the PSD at $125 a pop, I'm ecstatic.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice :thumb:

I got me a 04 TDI about 3 months ago.

Had to replace the motor mounts and the cv joints. :doh:

40 mpg is nice:woot:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Now mod the stink out of it. A friend of mine had a 00-01 golf tdi. That he converted to be bio safe, a tune, inj's, other misc. stuff. And reached 275 ft lbs torque and still reached 40-55 mpg. Now he sold that to a guy who flew out from wa. to mn to get it.

His next project. An 79 jetta with a built tdi motor. And hoping to reach 300-400 ft lbs. out of a little little four banger.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now mod the stink out of it. A friend of mine had a 00-01 golf tdi. That he converted to be bio safe, a tune, inj's, other misc. stuff. And reached 275 ft lbs torque and still reached 40-55 mpg. Now he sold that to a guy who flew out from wa. to mn to get it.

His next project. An 79 jetta with a built tdi motor. And hoping to reach 300-400 ft lbs. out of a little little four banger.

That would be nice, but I don't really want to spend alot of money on it, I'd rather keep it as inexpensive transportation and spend my money on the 7.3, new turbo, big oil and a spearco IC will be some serious coin items for me in the future.

Plus the 1.6 diesel and the TDI are a whole different ball game, indirect vs direct injection being the biggest thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts