Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my hopes and dreams have finally come true. This weekend I will be installing a Garett Powermax turbo, Casserly 190cc injectors, Airdog II, and a regulated return. I absolutely cannot wait crank her up when it's all done. Will post pics of the installation soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
good luck...cant wait to see pics!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
:scuffyHave fun, with that set up you'll need new tires soon:scuffy

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
SWEET!!!

Don't rush! take your time! Do the work the right way!

Some extra help :)

After you have the turbo in and the drain plug attached, put some engine oil in the turbo and spin it a few times so it will not be having a "dry start".
Same with installing the new injectors(but not entirely)
Before you work on the injectors, have a good amount of diesel kleen and/or 2-stroke oil, preferably 2-stroke for the increased lubricity, and put some drive time so that it gets to the entire system.
And depending on how many miles is on this oil change, and if you do not have this already, change to syn oil before the work so that there is less ware and tare on the first start up.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Couple questions.

How are you getting the Powermax so quick? Last time I heard, they were on beclouded for a while.

Also, why an AirDog 2 AND a RR? No need. Either do a AirDog 150 and a RR, or an AirDog 2 and call it quits.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couple questions.

How are you getting the Powermax so quick? Last time I heard, they were on beclouded for a while.

Also, why an AirDog 2 AND a RR? No need. Either do a AirDog 150 and a RR, or an AirDog 2 and call it quits.
I called everyone and their mother today and got lucky and snagged the last one off the shelf that Innovative found from somewhere in California.

I did both the airdog and the RR just to insure fuel flow. They both regulate the fuel and the airdog is sufficient to run 190's but if I'm not mistaken the RR will make sure that fuel is more evenly distributed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: My weekend project turned into a month long project. Ran into some weird issues but its up and runnin now. Here are some pictures of the build. These are just pictures of everything we installed. I will post more later of everything finalized once I get the truck cleaned up a little bit.

Engine broken down and ready for install.

Dropped the fuel tank so I could do the harpoon mod.

Airdog II mounted

Lines connected.

Gauges going in.

Injectors ready to go.

Swapping turbo pedestal from old one to new one.

Installing new turbo.

Valve covers on and putting engine harness back on.

Bolting down the down pipe.

Boost tubes installed.

Finishing up with the intake and coolant bottle (not pictured).

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like the dressing up on the pipes and head covers. It is a nice offset to the black engine bay. Looking good so far. Did you do anything with your oil cooler while you were tore down that far.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the dressing up on the pipes and head covers. It is a nice offset to the black engine bay. Looking good so far. Did you do anything with your oil cooler while you were tore down that far.
It already has a brand new oil cooler in it. I did replace the HPOP though. Turned out I did not have the upraded SCT fitting which is weird since I have an 07.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Sounds good and looks great, sounds like it will be fun to drive.

Doug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.