Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to do studs to ensure reliability. so gonna spend an extra few bucks to open up the flow. bought a set of 6.0 exhaust manifolds since they flow better than the stock 6.4.

then found a set of coated for a little more so ill probably go with these.

got lucky and found matching elite up pipes.

undecided or if i can afford to do turbos and wastegate. need to order some studs, gaskets/hardware etc. intake mani on the way.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looks like it will be another good build thread. Good luck. You doing the work on your own?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks superduty. have a friend with a garage and lift. i might be able to do it if he'll alot me a chunk of time. im sure itll take me a few days at least.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
thanks superduty. have a friend with a garage and lift. i might be able to do it if he'll alot me a chunk of time. im sure itll take me a few days at least.
Cool! It will be a real good way to get to know some of the parts that are hard to see and get to.:D

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Looks Like youll have your hands full !! I will be starting mine any day as headgaskets arnt holding up , going to do something similar to you !! Good Luck

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I was looking into the RCD mani's and elite up pipes. Or the steed speed ones.
Im sure they are a fair bit more $ than the 6.0 though.

Having a lift or access to one would be nice!!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Looks like a nice build. It is similar to the build i will be doing. I will probably go with the same intake manifold you went with. I am excited to see the difference the intake manifold, exhaust manifold and up pipes make on your truck. :D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stock turbos delivered. aint no lie these fukkers are HEAVY 75+ lbs.

core exchange for tow power compounds?
dual batmos?
spare backups?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Are those the turbos off your truck? im confused lol

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
cool. I guess you could put both batmowheels and have someone clean them and put new seals?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup. there are some turbo shops in houston. i could install the wheels and then have the turbos checked and balanced.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
stock turbos delivered. aint no lie these fukkers are HEAVY 75+ lbs.

core exchange for tow power compounds?
dual batmos?
spare backups?

:liar:
Or some set anyways!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man i wish i had money to build a reg cab 6.4 street truck. id get turbos so big it would have to be mounted in the bed and 500 shot of nitrous to spool it up lmao!!!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but really though i just want to improve flow and make it extremely reliable and go for 300k miles without any major repairs on my truck. :ford:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Im with ya on that one! The extra powerrrrrrr isnt a bad thing either!!

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,900 Posts
but really though i just want to improve flow and make it extremely reliable and go for 300k miles without any major repairs on my truck. :ford:
I'm with you but I always try to figure out where to draw the line. Do I stick close to 600? OR try to play with the mid 700 mark?? I go back and forth every day.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'm with you but I always try to figure out where to draw the line. Do I stick close to 600? OR try to play with the mid 700 mark?? I go back and forth every day.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
If you want to stay in the reliability area stay close to 600HP. Mid 700 mark is going to cause more issues. Dont get me wrong there are some strong reliable trucks, but they wont be reliable for 300k miles.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts